Tetras To School???

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by ToRo, Apr 22, 2017.

1. ToRoValued MemberMember

I am thinking of putting small tetras in my 10 gallon tank so that I can have shrimp too. I keep reading that killis will eat them, which was my original thought. Will different species of tetras still school or need to school? Thanks in advance, everyone here is so helpful and very appreciated! :)

2. Al913

Al913Fishlore VIPMember

Here is the list for schooling fish able to live in a 10 gallon:Stocking List for 10 Gallons

Different species of tetras will not school together. It would be like expecting a chimpanzee and a human to become best friends.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
  3. EtaramediceValued MemberMember

I have 8 ember tetras in my 10 gallon along with some platies and they are doing great. I doubt they would eat or chase any shrimp or other fish :)

4. EtaramediceValued MemberMember

Also to add to my first comment I would only keep one small tetra in a 10 gallon in a school of at least 6.

5. JeffK

JeffKWell Known MemberMember

I agree with ember tetras - they're probably the most readily available nano fish for a 10 gal tank. If you can find them, endlers would also work (they're not tetras - more like dwarf guppies0.

6. EtaramediceValued MemberMember

Yes I would say a good stocking would be maybe 10 ember tetra and 3 male endlers

7. OP
    OP
    T

ToRoValued MemberMember

Thank you!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice