Tetras For A 20 Gallon Long

Wolf010

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hi guys, currently have a 20 gallon long. Current stocking is 1 Betta and 6 ghost shrimps. Planning to get 7 albino corys at the end of the month. Will there be space for a school of tetras? If yes, what type of tetra and how many of them, thanks.

SaltyPhone

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Depends on your filtration and how often you maintain/water change. You could do say 10-18 neons or rummys in that setup. However unless it’s heavily planted you may expect to find the shrimp dead or missing limbs; depending on how the betta feels that day.

OP
Wolf010

Wolf010

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Depends on your filtration and how often you maintain/water change. You could do say 10-18 neons or rummys in that setup. However unless it’s heavily planted you may expect to find the shrimp dead or missing limbs; depending on how the betta feels that day.
Heh, the shrimps are in with the Betta for 2 weeks already, no issues so far, the Betta ignore them mostly unless they are trying to steal his food during feeding time.XD. then he flares at them.

SaltyPhone

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Sounds like you have the Chihuahua of Bettas there. Eats neons and leaves shrimps alone...that’s crazy

Belay my last I read your post wrong. Not the current betta trying to eat a neon.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Wolf010

Wolf010

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hmmm, so how many can I get for my current set up. Recap: current stock is 1 male Betta, 6 ghost shrimp, 7 albino corys in a 20 gallon long.

pagoda

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I don't have a Betta but I do have a pair of very grumpy Kissing Gourami (who are the same family as the Betta), with Vettel & Hamilton, the grumpy Kissers, I have 18 Tetras - 6 Pristella, 6 Black Neon and 6 Neon. The larger Blacks and Pristellas protect the smaller Neons when Vettel & Hamilton are rampaging and so far...touch wood....no fishy losses.

I also have a Pleco and Bronze Lunatic Corys with babies in there and its due to the babies that Vettel & Hamilton are moving out to an identical aquarium in the next few days cos once they are racing everything is in danger of being run over or nipped at

Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Weekly

Votes: 30 63.8%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Monthly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 9 19.1%

Top Bottom