Tetra WHisper Internal Power Filter?*2-10 gallon*

Aquarium

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have an alone Figure 8 Puffer in a 10 gallon tank. He should have 15 gallons*Might upgrade him to a 20 eventually* He currently has one 10 gallon filter. I have a new tetra whisper internal power filter for 2-10 gallon aquariums. never opened brand new
it claims "Keeps water crystal clear, easy to conceal. the only filter youll need. the tetra internal whisper power filter provides an effective combination of mechanical and chemical filtration for cleaner water and healthier fish*
then it talks about both of its things... it pumps 85 GPH. two year warranty. easy to set up.

My figure 8 is a wimp and hates water changes and so on. Was wondering if this would be a good filter to toss in his tank for overfiltration or just take it back?

Thanks

Edit: I would also add stress zyme to get some "cycle" started in the filter

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Always beware of claims. You can run both filters, no problem, but I wouldn't switch the HOB (assuming) for the internal. Internal filters are at the bottom of the efficiency/effectiveness ladder, just above UGFs.

I don't think the filter is going to help the puffer with its dislike of water changes.

Don't add any stress zyme or anything else.

Aquarium

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Jaysee said:
Always beware of claims. You can run both filters, no problem, but I wouldn't switch the HOB (assuming) for the internal. Internal filters are at the bottom of the efficiency/effectiveness ladder, just above UGFs.

I don't think the filter is going to help the puffer with its dislike of water changes.

Don't add any stress zyme or anything else.
Ok. Well, I have two comets in a 10 gallon tank right now that are rescued from a doctors office. Either putting them in a pond or something else. Should I put the extra filter in the comets 10 gallon?

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Yes, definitely.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads