Tetra Whisper 40-60 or 60-100?

Damien808

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Im trying to find a pump to run through a gangvalve that will be strong enough to power 4 sponge filters. If either of the ones above will get the job done let me know. if you have a better suggestion please tell me. thanks

ponitboss

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Bigger is always better just in case you decide to add more things to the tank like (airstone,more sponge filters etc). Personally i have Fluval Q brand and it works nicely i'm over doing it a bit tho cuz i have it pushing 12 24 gallon tanks (24x12x12). How big is your tank?

Damien808

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
ponitboss said:
Bigger is always better just in case you decide to add more things to the tank like (airstone,more sponge filters etc). Personally i have Fluval Q brand and it works nicely i'm over doing it a bit tho cuz i have it pushing 12 24 gallon tanks (24x12x12). How big is your tank?
It's only for 4 ten gallons so definitely not as big as your setup lol

bgclarke

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I have a whisper 10 and a whisper 40.
I was using the whisper 10 to run two airstones thru a two way gang valve in a 10 gallon tank, and that worked fine.

I changed to a three way gang valve as I also needed to run a Tetra 3i filter in my 3 gallon Betta tank.

The whisper 10 couldn't do it, but the whisper 40 handles it without a problem.

adncarter

Valued Member
Reaction score
MillionAir pumps. Got one recommended off this forum. The 10-30 gal is quiet and moves lots of air for 12 bucks. Its fully adjustable

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom