Tetra Whisper 20 Filter Problems! Help

Discussion in 'Freshwater Tank Equipment' started by brousecasey12, Jun 24, 2018.

1. brousecasey12

brousecasey12 Well Known Member Member

I got this filter for my axolotl tank bc of the adjustable output switch and it’s been giving me such problems! First, it doesn’t even seem adjustable which makes me wonder if the one I bought was broken. Then, it turned off one night bc it got clogged with sand somehow and then it did it again just now and it’s such a problem! Does this happen to anyone else with this type of filter or just me?! Please lmk!

2. AquaticJ

AquaticJ Fishlore VIP Member

Those are cheaply made in my opinion. Aquaclear filters are MUCH better and have adjustable flow.

3. OP
    OP
    brousecasey12

really regretting not just getting that one... I was scared of what I needed to put in the filter so I just took the easy lazy way out and now need to un jam my filter every few days

4. AquaticJ

What do you mean scared of what to put in the filter?

5. OP
    OP
    brousecasey12

With that brand they sell so much stuff to add into the filter that I wouldn’t know what to add or what needs to go in... you follow

6. AquaticJ

It comes with the media already, its just a sponge, bio media, and carbon.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice