Tetra vs Penguin vs AquaClear

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazedACD

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Need to pick up another HOB filter...would be in my best interest to go with one of these brands (I get a discount).

Comparing the Tetra EX70, the Marineland Penguin 350, and the AquaClear 70...what would you go with for a 55g? It will be supplemented with an additional HOB filter.

e_watson09

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I personally have a filter by each of those makers although my tetra is a completely different model so I can't tell you for sure about that one

But I personally love my Aquaclear I've had it for years and I never have problems with it. My marineland is about half the age of the aquaclear and I think all I do is fight with that filter. Then my tetra is the whisper series and I love it but I really don't think it cleans all that well I just like it because a) it filters some and b) it gets more water moving. I have the Tetra and the marineland both on my 50 and they're both made for 50gal so I get a lot of filtration.

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I would get an AC110 if you are looking at HOBs. Second choice would be an emperor 400.

I have whisper EX filters and am disappointed with the amount of room for media. They are not in use.

I have penguin filters - they are loud and are not in use. I do have Emperors, and think they are far superior to penguins.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom