Tetra Tankmates?

1. kittykat0725 Member Member

Hi - just so you know my profile is wrong I haven't updated in a long time, sorry. So two days ago I went to a fish store and asked what to put with my tetras. They showed me five tanks that would be ok. Now I am not blaming the employe because they probably figured that these two fish are bother small and kind. So I got two male guppies. Well, that was a diaster! The next day, one of the guppies died. And that night I found that the male guppy had no tail. I quickly removed him and put him into a cup. I know that guppies need large tanks but for now all I had was an empty 2.5 gal, my bettas old tank. So I got a small setup and put him in. The next morning he died. I also bought one rummy nose tetra and he is fine and schooling with the neons. I didn't know that neons could be so mean to other fish! SO HERES MY MAIN QUESTION : What can I add that FOR SURE will be fine with my tetras???? Also, I would like to get a variety of fish so plz dont say more neons.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

2. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

If your profile is wrong, what size tank have you got & what fish are already in it?

3. kittykat0725 Member Member

10 gal, 6 neon tetra, one rummy nose tetra

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum