Tetra Tank Nibblers

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by soarl, Jan 6, 2013.

1. soarlValued MemberMember

So i was walking through the very limited fish section in walmart and saw these Tetra Tank Nibblers. Stick to the glass little tab thingy's. I decided to pick up a veggie flavor and a tuna flavor pack just to see how the fish like them. I stuck them to the side of my tank the   is on so feel free to watch. they definitely seem more interested in the tuna than the veggie. It's creating a little bit of a feeding frenzy down there.

It does seem to make a bit of a mess in the water though. Lot's of tiny particles floating around the tank now. Any one else ever use them?

2. AmazonPassionModeratorModerator Member

I've never even heard of them. It looks like your fish is ignoring them too.

3. soarlValued MemberMember

Oh...they ate a bunch. Still going back for nibbles every once in a while. The GloFish have been kind of hording the space around there. The Glowlight Tetras have just been eating scraps floating around in the water. Spot (Gourami) is up there as I type this nibbling on some Tuna.

4. Kiara1125Well Known MemberMember

I love your dwarf gourami, just saying. It's a beautiful tank. My fish don't like the nibblers.

5. soarlValued MemberMember

Well...I haven't got very advanced in my feedings. I'm just using basic of the shelf stuff you can get at any grociery store. Now that i'm finally starting to feel like I have a handle on tank/water maintenance, I will probably start processing all the info on different types of food.

I'm trying to capture some good shots with my webcam/feed but it's a pretty camera lol...time to upgrade I guess.

6. soarlValued MemberMember

Well everybody but the snails got to have at them. (dont' worry...plenty left on the bottom for them later on!) the tuna was by far the favorite of the tank. They seemed to like them however they are very messy and the Glofish overate keeping everyone else at bay until they had their fill. Over all it was fun watching them go at these little tabs. I'll see how much of a mess is left after the snails have a go at the leftovers during the day/night. I'll probably clean my canister filter out and see how much funk is left in there too. Then I'll decide if i like these suckers or not.

Here's a few pics for fun.
    group4.jpggroup1.jpgeating11.jpgeating10.jpgeating9.jpgyum.jpgeating3.jpg7.jpg6.jpg5.jpg

7. Kiara1125Well Known MemberMember

I don't either. I hear people creating their own foods while I just buy stuff that I like. I'll feed frozen foods, peas, and then store products like Hikari and Omega One. Nice pics. :p

8. Joefish11494New MemberMember

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice