Tetra suddenly swimming in circles while tilted

Grace4514

Reaction score
He just started this about 30-40 minutes ago and he was randomly gasping. Other fish are doing great what could it be? Hes still doing it.

Lucyn

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
It could be a number of things, he seems very irritated. What are the parameters looking like? Have you noticed any bullying? How long have you had the fish?

kallililly1973

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Not a disease or illness pro but could maybe be a swimbladder issue especially if the other glowlights in the tank were chasing each other around n hit his side or he damaged himself on your decorations during a chase

OP
Grace4514

Grace4514

Reaction score
Lucyn said:
It could be a number of things, he seems very irritated. What are the parameters looking like? Have you noticed any bullying? How long have you had the fish?
Thw nitrates this morning were 10 ppm I'm about to test everything else. February made a year since I've had him hes never grew right out of 5 of them only one has reached like full size. Hes the smallest though not sure why

Lucyn

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Grace4514 said:
Thw nitrates this morning were 10 ppm I'm about to test everything else. February made a year since I've had him hes never grew right out of 5 of them only one has reached like full size. Hes the smallest though not sure why
The glowlights tend to have sub-par genetics, typically. Could have just had one guy who didn't do so good in the batch, or maybe he recently got into an intense fight, really hard to tell for sure if parameters are okay. I've had fish that I've gotten the same time as others, and they just never really thrived and were outgrown by its tank mates. Eventually, if they don't grow enough their internal organs will keep growing, while the exterior doesn't change, ultimately leading to its death. There is cases though where the fish is just small and lives perfectly fine.

kallililly1973

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I recently lost one of my vonrios due to reasons unknown. Everything in life has different cards delt to them some get the short end of the stick unfortunately.

OP
Grace4514

Grace4514

Reaction score
I know I just don't understand and it's so sad :( back in the summer one of them died out of the blue showed none of these signs that's why I was worried about it but like I said hes the smallest I got a new long fin tetra and he outgrew this one within a month :(

OP
Grace4514

Grace4514

Reaction score
Water tests are all where it should be I guess there is just something wrong with him internally also thank you guys for replying so fast :)

kallililly1973

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Grace4514 said:
I know I just don't understand and it's so sad :( back in the summer one of them died out of the blue showed none of these signs that's why I was worried about it but like I said hes the smallest I got a new long fin tetra and he outgrew this one within a month :(
I agree it is sad but some just don't adapt as well as others. In the wild its survival of the fittest and basically the same thing happens in our tanks. We can't see what's going on all day and night day in and day out unfortunately.

OP
Grace4514

Grace4514

Reaction score
True I just can't stand anything to suffer even a bug lol

OP
Grace4514

Grace4514

Reaction score
Now hes starting fights with a bigger tetra??? Everytime one swims by he darts right into it and then goes back to swimming in circles? What in the world lol

New Threads