Tetra ph easy balance plus

Amaracalle

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
So I got this tetra easy balance plus when I got my first betta but never used it and I have since switched to more natural or better products for taking care of my fish. However, I cannot leave my house to go get my more of my usual water maintenance stuff and I was wondering if any one has experience with this stuff? What does it do? Does it raise ph, lower it, or simply put it back into one set ph? Or maybe it just isn’t good and doesn’t work?

SM1199

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
It supposedly establishes and keeps pH steady (around 7.0). It's not worth the potential pH fluctuations, in my opinion. I do not believe it acts as a conditioner anyway, so what were you trying to use it in place of?

OP
Amaracalle

Amaracalle

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
SM1199 said:
It supposedly establishes and keeps pH steady (around 7.0). It's not worth the potential pH fluctuations, in my opinion. I do not believe it acts as a conditioner anyway, so what were you trying to use it in place of?
I was hoping it would reduce the amount of water changes I do or the quantity of what I usually do. My tanks typically stay in thier ideal ph range per tank or atleast I haven’t had any spikes or heavy changes happen to my water parameters for the majority of my tanks. I do use apI ph up, down, ect, when needed or if I can’t find a more natural approach

Gel0city

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Amaracalle said:
I was hoping it would reduce the amount of water changes I do or the quantity of what I usually do. My tanks typically stay in thier ideal ph range per tank or atleast I haven’t had any spikes or heavy changes happen to my water parameters for the majority of my tanks. I do use apI ph up, down, ect, when needed or if I can’t find a more natural approach
How many water changes do you do per week? One shouldn't be too much, unless your tank is overstocked or has issues with ammonia.

Changing the PH is a route I never go to, I believe that a stable PH works best for most fish.

OP
Amaracalle

Amaracalle

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Gel0city said:
How many water changes do you do per week? One shouldn't be too much, unless your tank is overstocked or has issues with ammonia.

Changing the PH is a route I never go to, I believe that a stable PH works best for most fish.
Once a week I change my water, how much depends on which tank, I do change my goldfish water every few days but In small amounts that are mainly just to get waste out and then I replenish what I took out plus a tank bit more, I don’t do huge amounts unless thier are exstremely circumstances like ammonia spikes, or maybe something got in the water or a fish is ill/under treatment. My ph typically stays the same every water change (unless a exstremely situation)

Gel0city

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I think that should be fine, as long as your fish are healthy and parameters are normal. Is there a reason you want to use tetra easy balance? I don't think you should use it, just use PRIME instead. Plus, fish prefer stable PH rather than fluctuating ones. PH shock would be bad for your fish.

OP
Amaracalle

Amaracalle

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Gel0city said:
I think that should be fine, as long as your fish are healthy and parameters are normal. Is there a reason you want to use tetra easy balance? I don't think you should use it, just use PRIME instead. Plus, fish prefer stable PH rather than fluctuating ones. PH shock would be bad for your fish.
I wanted to lower the amount of water changes I have to do as I can’t get water as much or frequently with every thing in quarantine and shut down. I can’t go to my pet store and get my typical stuff I use and so I was wanted to plan Incase something happens as I already went thru a emergency crisis with a lot of my tanks and I need to know if I have things to help Incase something happens I have options but I don’t want to use anything that will dramatically change my tank to something unstable

Gel0city

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I've never used it, but I have heard others of warning against it, so I wouldn't. Your fish would probably enjoy a stable tank with good parameters than a tank with medication/supplement.

New Threads