Tetra Lifeguard All in One Treatment

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by jcheung2020, Aug 9, 2015.

1. jcheung2020New MemberMember

Hey guys so I have a bit of a problem with my bala sharks I believe they have [FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Hemorrhagic Septicemia. So I went to Petco and bought some PimaFix, which the employee there told me would work, I treated them with it for 5 days and it doesn't seem to work. But the bala sharks don't seem to be getting worse. So I went back to Petco and a different employee told me to try Tetra Lifeguard after I put in a new carbon filter and filter out the old medicine. The Tank has been running for over 10hrs with the new carbon filter. So I was wondering if any of you guys have opinions on the Tetra Lifeguard, does it kill beneficial bacteria, and is it safe for all fish? I have Tiger barbs and Chinese algae eaters in the tank as well in addition to a live plant. I've been getting mix reviews about this medicine. If anyone knows a better alternative that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.[/FONT]

2. RogueValued MemberMember

No, it won't kill your bacteria. Yes, it works well when used properly. No, it isn't safe for all fish.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice