Tetra Lifeguard All in One Treatment

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by jcheung2020, Aug 9, 2015.

1. jcheung2020New MemberMember

Hey guys so I have a bit of a problem with my bala sharks I believe they have [FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Hemorrhagic Septicemia. So I went to Petco and bought some PimaFix, which the employee there told me would work, I treated them with it for 5 days and it doesn't seem to work. But the bala sharks don't seem to be getting worse. So I went back to Petco and a different employee told me to try Tetra Lifeguard after I put in a new carbon filter and filter out the old medicine. The Tank has been running for over 10hrs with the new carbon filter. So I was wondering if any of you guys have opinions on the Tetra Lifeguard, does it kill beneficial bacteria, and is it safe for all fish? I have Tiger barbs and Chinese algae eaters in the tank as well in addition to a live plant. I've been getting mix reviews about this medicine. If anyone knows a better alternative that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.[/FONT]

2. RogueValued MemberMember

No, it won't kill your bacteria. Yes, it works well when used properly. No, it isn't safe for all fish.