Tetra Ht10 50 Watt

Ariyan

Valued Member
Reaction score
I just got a tetra ht10 water heater and i put it in my 5 gallon tank to heat up the water and it keeps turning on and off it stays on for like a minute and then it turns off is this normal?

Repolie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I got what I thought was a Tetra HT10 Heater from Walmart and it would light on then never turn on again unless I plug it back in. Then it repeats again, I look at the packaging and noticed it was different from my other Tetra HT10 Heater that I got from a reputable petstore and works fine. I returned that heater to Walmart and repurchased the same heater from the petstore and it also works fine. Where did you get yours from?

Walmart packaging:

Reputable packaging: http://feeds2.yourstorewizards.com/1298/images/250x1000/submrsblhtr50.jpg

Ariyan

Valued Member
Reaction score
I got what I thought was a Tetra HT10 Heater from Walmart and it would light on then never turn on again unless I plug it back in. Then it repeats again, I look at the packaging and noticed it was different from my other Tetra HT10 Heater that I got from a reputable petstore and works fine. I returned that heater to Walmart and repurchased the same heater from the petstore and it also works fine. Where did you get yours from?

Walmart packaging:

Reputable packaging: http://feeds2.yourstorewizards.com/1298/images/250x1000/submrsblhtr50.jpg
Walmart

Repolie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Yeah I don't trust the ones from Walmart. The ones they sell don't work and seem to be different from petstore one. Go return it and purchase a different heater from a reputable petstore.

Ariyan

Valued Member
Reaction score
Yeah I don't trust the ones from Walmart. The ones they sell don't work and seem to be different from petstore one. Go return it and purchase a different heater from a reputable petstore.
I think its working its at 76 degrees is that why the light might be off?

THRESHER

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I got a Tetra HT10 heater that came with some used accessories I bought cheap. It works great in my 20G. Keeps temp constant @ 79 for my Dragon Goby. A little red dot comes on, stays on for a while, then shuts off as normal. Sadly it didn't come with any packaging as it was used.

Repolie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I think its working its at 76 degrees is that why the light might be off?
Yeah that's what I don't know. A legitimate Tetra HT10 Heater will always have the light indicating that it's on and red will be when it's heating up and green is when it reaches the proper temperature.

Edit: The Tetra company also doesn't even have that heater listed on their website.

Carolyn Underwood

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
This thread makes me happy I bought my little heater at Animal House Pet Store. I thought it was kind of expensive, but considering all the time and trouble I could have had, it was worth the $20 I paid for it.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom