Tetra Hanging Near Back Of Tank Important

Discussion in 'Neon Tetra' started by Epicoz, Apr 20, 2019.

1. EpicozWell Known MemberMember

My neon tetras have been hanging behind a plant at the back of my tank hiding. I’m getting More of them soon and I’m getting live plants are they ok. For stocking go to personal details.

Attached Files:

2. A201Well Known MemberMember

I think your Tetras will do much better with tall plants, maybe a good sized piece of driftwood and a few medium sized rocks. Increasing the school size to eight to twelve wouldn't hurt either.

3. EpicozWell Known MemberMember

Is there any small driftwood I could use my tank is pretty crowded and is there anything I should remove/replace

Attached Files:

4. EpicozWell Known MemberMember

5. A201Well Known MemberMember

Java Fern & Anubias would look great attached to driftwood or rocks. Various sizes of Manzanita or Malaysian wood are readily found for sale online.
    I'd get rid of the plastic decor and create a more natural aquascape. Tape some black foam board to the back of the tank. It looks like you keep a very clean, fun tank, but maybe its time to graduate to a more advanced level of fish keeping. I think you will find it more rewarding. Have fun with your adventure & post pics.

6. EpicozWell Known MemberMember

Ok I’m going to order some java fern the bad thing is that these are new expensive decorations so I’ll try but all this stuff is pricey

7. EpicozWell Known MemberMember

Also what should I get should I replace the fake wood with real wood and my fake rocks with real rocks and fake plants with real plants. I really don’t want to spend a lot of money on store driftwood is there anyway I can find it naturally also can I just find some rocks and boil them

8. A201Well Known MemberMember

Most rocks you find are okay. Don't boil them. Collect the rocks from an area free from pesticides, herbicides or other pollutants. If you have any commercial rockyards or landscape companies near you check them out. Rocks are cheap at those places with a huge selection.
    Decor bought at fish stores are extremely expensive.

9. EpicozWell Known MemberMember

About the wood what should I do to get it

10. EpicozWell Known MemberMember

The java fern I’m looking at is 15 the wood 12 and that’s just a lot

11. DoubleDutchFishlore LegendMember

Uhh am.I correct I mainly see Zebra danios and a single black neon ?

12. EpicozWell Known MemberMember

This is a old picture but I haven’t changed my tank design now I have
    3 black neon tetras
    4 zebra danios
    1 BN pleco
    2 snails
    I am getting more danios and tetras soon