Tetra had baby's

Danyboi18

What do I do

APColorado

Please provide more details so that member's can provide assistance (what kind of fish, etc...)

To bypass member's asking the same question about your tank and stock, kindly please fill out your profile so you will not get asked the same questions repeatedly.

Danyboi18

I have a 55 gallón tank with 4 tetras. A red tail, placo, a bala And a sunrise platty. I have a lot of plants. I started with 7 baby tetras when I got home there were only 4 so I caught them and have then in a old 1 gallon betta tank that I had but I've never had baby fish

APColorado

Danyboi18 said:
I have a 55 gallón tank with 4 tetras. A red tail, placo, a bala And a sunrise platty. I have a lot of plants. I started with 7 baby tetras when I got home there were only 4 so I caught them and have then in a old 1 gallon betta tank that I had but I've never had baby fish

Are you 100% sure they are Tetra frys? Btw, what kind of Tetra fish are they?

My guess would be that your platy had the frys instead of the Tetra fish. Most of the time livebearers are already pregnant by the time we get them.

You can use flakes crushed into powder to feed the newborn. Is the Betta tank cycled?

lala29

What type of tetras do you have? Tetras can be hard to breed so I believe it may be platy fry!

Danyboi18

Neon and they look like tetras and the thing is I've had the platty for about 5 months

Danyboi18

I figured out there platys but idk how tho

lala29

Danyboi18 said:
I figured out there platys but idk how tho

would it be possible to have a picture of the fry? Also what's you m/f ratio of platy?

Did any of your females become a lot thinner?

Danyboi18

I only have one it was given to me by a friend who isn't so good with fish and I guess she's thinner

hollie1505

livebearers can hold onto sperm for 6 moths so it could still be your platy!xx

Latest threads

Top Bottom