Tetra fungus and Betta bloated?

toomanyfishes

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
TETRA: This morning my tetra had a white, cottony spot on his left side. I was very sure it was fungus, so I moved him to my QT. However, it fell off when I was chasing him with the net. But, where it was is now a spot. I will add a pic if the fungus thing redevelops on him. Here is his spot where it was.
PSX_20200301_115720.jpg

BETTA: Lately my betta's stomach has been looking bigger or bloated. She also is resting almost every time I see her.
20200301_120741.jpg

Parameters for both tanks:
Usual pH and hardness
Ammonia 0
Nitrates .10

jkkgron2

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
toomanyfishes said:
Try it now
Thanks! For the betta does it seem like her scales are pineconing at all? For now, I would stop feeding her for three days, that should hopefully clear up the bloat :)

OP
toomanyfishes

toomanyfishes

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
jkkgron2 said:
Thanks! For the betta does it seem like her scales are pineconing at all? For now, I would stop feeding her for three days, that should hopefully clear up the bloat :)
Thanks, I haven't fed her all week. I'll have to see if her scales are pine coney, if they are, what should I do?

OP
toomanyfishes

toomanyfishes

Reaction score
Experience
5 years

This helped me out with my tetra. From what I read there, It sounds like he'll be all good. It said he treated him with some aquarium salt, which I did, and it fell off,which also happened to me. All I think I need to do is make sure there are no secondary infections and wait for the spot to go away.

jkkgron2

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
toomanyfishes said:
Thanks, I haven't fed her all week. I'll have to see if her scales are pine coney, if they are, what should I do?
Honestly I don’t know, someone more experienced like FinalFins might know :). But, if they are then your betta has dropsy.......which is very hard to cure, but it’s not impossible and if caught early enough it can be treated

jkkgron2

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
FinalFins said:
If he happens to have dropsy start daily water changes to get him comfortable and I forgot the medication to treat it but Ill let you know if I rememeber.
Do epson salt baths help? I can’t remember if they are a dropsy treatment or not..

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom