Tetra Easy Balance Questions

Miaw

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
What is it?

What does it do?

Why does it say you add it every water change?

Do you even add the stated dose each time if you do several 10% water changes?

All I know is my fish and shrimp seem to do better with it.

AquaticJ

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
It adds vitamins, minerals, and electrolytes to your water to regulate and maintain an optimal PH/alkalinity, as well as to keep fish healthy. It also helps to remove nitrates and phosphates. You're supposed to add it after water changes because you'll remove a lot of the product by taking out water.

AquaticJ

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
UnderwaterGalaxy said:
Easy Balance is supposed to reduce water changes by "stabilizing pH and kH". If you do your PWCs changes, you can spend that money on something more useful.
That’s not what they’re claiming. It stabilizes PH and KH. Additionally, separate from that, it reduces nitrates.

AquaticJ

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
The KH and PH stabilization has nothing to do with reducing your water changes. They’re telling you that by reducing nitrates and phosphates, you don’t have to do water changes as often.

AquaticJ

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
It's actually the perfect product to add if your water is from an RO/DI unit, your tap has a low KH, or if your tank has a KH/PH problem. I'll tell you something that actually IS a waste of money, bottled bacteria.

Miaw

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
My tap water is very soft and I used to have a lot of white lines of death in shrimp, and fish deaths before I started using tetra safestart.

I believe it comes out of the tap with a kh of 2.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom