Tetra chasing

BellaFriedrick

Reaction score
I have 5 neon tetras living in my 20 gallon tank with my peaceful betta. He has never done anything to them. I’ve had them all for about 2 month’s now. the neons keep chasing each other, which I understand is normal, but they’re getting really aggressive about it. I think they’re stressing each other and my betta out. They might be hurting each other. What do I do?

kallililly1973

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Either get more to distribute the aggression a lil more or set up another tank and see if u can take the bully out for a few days or try to change up the tank decorations. Pic of the tank? Does it have some cover? Do any fish look damaged?

FishBoy101

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
BellaFriedrick said:
I have 5 neon tetras living in my 20 gallon tank with my peaceful betta. He has never done anything to them. I’ve had them all for about 2 month’s now. the neons keep chasing each other, which I understand is normal, but they’re getting really aggressive about it. I think they’re stressing each other and my betta out. They might be hurting each other. What do I do?
Welcome to FishLore!! I would bump the school up to 8, they might feel safer with more of them.

New Threads