Tetra Bloodworms

1. Spaceman78 Member Member

Has anyone had their fish die of starvation while attempting to open the child-proof cap on a can of Tetra BloodWorms? I'm kidding, but would love it if Tetra redesigned the cap on this product. My fish love it (when I'm able to open it).

2. tonycarder Member Member

It's been awhile since I fed my fish Tetra Bloodworms, but I know the struggle...lol

3. Spaceman78 Member Member

I struggled with it for the first month but always managed to get it open. It finally quit working and I had to cut the top off so I could put the remaining contents in a small glass jar. I'll stick with bloodworms, but will most likely try a different brand next time. Just wanted to see if it was user error or a common problem.

4. renthus Well Known Member Member

I highly recommend the Hikari flat-packs, although I've switched over to using live blackworms. They're just as easy to keep, easier to feed to my fish, and actually substantially cheaper to buy. I think it was something like $3.50/ounce at my LFS, and I've been using that ounce for over a month now. Just stick 'em in a tupperware container in the fridge, rinse them once a week, and feed them to your fish via a dropper/pipet.

5. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

6. Spaceman78 Member Member

I think I might have ordered the Tetra BloodWorms from Ken's, along with some NLS Thera A and Hikari Brine Shrimp. I'll give his brand a try.