Tetra Aquasafe And Safestart

Discussion in 'Water Conditioners and Supplements' started by pm12345, Jun 26, 2018.

1. p

pm12345 New Member Member

Does anyone know if Tetra aqua safe plus kills the bacteria in the SafeStart plus?

I ask because my water tests are now showing nitrite at around 1 ppm. I suspect this is due to me erroneously switching filters when I didn't really need to, and washing it in tap water rather than aquarium water. So I think the new filter is filtering out the good bacteria.

Consequently, I've been doing 25% water changes everyday for the last three days. I treat the new tap water I add with AquaSafe, wait around 24 hours and add the Safestart. But now I'm wondering if the water changes are counterproductive because the Aquasafe kills the good bacteria in safestart before it gets a chance to establish itself?

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

2. bryangar

bryangar Well Known Member Member

I really doubt a water conditioner kills beneficial bacteria. You shouldn’t be doing a water change for a while when you’re cycling a tank or if you added a bottled bacteria.
    Aquasafe doesn’t detoxify ammonia or nitrite so it wouldn’t mess with it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice