Tetra Algae Control: Should I Use It? Question

Discussion in 'Algae' started by mcloomis, Mar 17, 2019.

1. mcloomisNew MemberMember

so while grabbing an algae scrubber last week, i saw some tetra algae control. it claims to get rid of blue green algae, and while i dont really mind the whole "puts aquarium back a day 1", i am concerned about the big mystery snail because some people say its harmful to invertebrates. should i place the snail in a separate tank?

2. DoubleDutchFishlore LegendMember

One should get rid of the cause.
    I doubt chemicals will work on the long term.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
  3. leftswerveWell Known MemberMember

Read the bottle
    "ATTENTION: Do not use in newly established aquariums less than three months old. Do not use in aquariums with invertebrates or crustaceans e.g. crabs, shrimps, or crayfish."

4. david1978Fishlore LegendMember

Didn't we just have a new member that used something similar and killed their fish?

5. mcloomisNew MemberMember

ok. but if i already have invertabrates, should i remove them before adding it in?

6. leftswerveWell Known MemberMember

Personally I would think it's too risky because after you use that stuff you would have to figure out how to clean the filter and everything plus if you read about that stuff can kill your beneficial bacteria.
    Remove the algae and figure out the cause, that is the safest.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice