Test Results Help

Discussion in 'Test Kits' started by Fissues34, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Fissues34

Fissues34New MemberMember

I just needed some help reading my results. I swear in different lighting the ammonia can look a little green. Can someone please tell me what they see the ammonia and the ph to read?
    20190613_072112.jpg

2. Magicpenny75

Magicpenny75Well Known MemberMember

It looks like zero to me, but that particular test is notoriously hard to read. Nitrite and nitrate also look like zero. Is this brand new water?

3. OP
    OP
    Fissues34

Thank you! Yes the ammonia always looks different in different lighting to me. I've had the tank since March this year. I did a 4 gallon water change 3 days ago. It's a 10 gallon tank.

4. sixtyfour

sixtyfourValued MemberMember

I read that as 0 too.

5. OP
    OP
    Fissues34

Please help me read my test results. I feel like everything is at 0ppm. The ammonia maybe slightly elevated between 0 and .25ppm? The nitrate maybe a tad about 0? I don't understand why I never have nitrate. Is this an indication my nitrogen cycle is not established? Thank you! 20190615_073853.jpg

6. LMO

LMOValued MemberMember

Sorry - the photo isn't displaying so can't help with readings. Did you shake the nitrate test reagents really well before use - this can give a false reading if its not thoroughly mixed? Also how long has the tank been running and is it heavily planted - lots of plants and light stocking can keep the nitrate level low - my 7 gallon lightly stocked, heavily planted invertebrate tank used to read around 0ppm.

7. Thedudeiam94

Thedudeiam94Well Known MemberMember

That’s how everything is supposed to look if you’ve been dosing ammonia and doing wcs your cycle looks good to me ph-7.4 ammonia-0 nitrite-0 nitrate-0

8. Skavatar

SkavatarWell Known MemberMember

photos and pictures aren't working on the forum right now.

9. Fanatic

FanaticFishlore VIPMember

The photos aren't loading properly right now as there is an issue with the forum uploading full images correctly, but Mike is looking to fix it as soon as possible.