Help Test Results

Fissues34

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I just needed some help reading my results. I swear in different lighting the ammonia can look a little green. Can someone please tell me what they see the ammonia and the ph to read?
20190613_072112.jpg

Magicpenny75

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It looks like zero to me, but that particular test is notoriously hard to read. Nitrite and nitrate also look like zero. Is this brand new water?

OP
F

Fissues34

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Magicpenny75 said:
It looks like zero to me, but that particular test is notoriously hard to read. Nitrite and nitrate also look like zero. Is this brand new water?
Thank you! Yes the ammonia always looks different in different lighting to me. I've had the tank since March this year. I did a 4 gallon water change 3 days ago. It's a 10 gallon tank.

OP
F

Fissues34

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Please help me read my test results. I feel like everything is at 0ppm. The ammonia maybe slightly elevated between 0 and .25ppm? The nitrate maybe a tad about 0? I don't understand why I never have nitrate. Is this an indication my nitrogen cycle is not established? Thank you!
20190615_073853.jpg

LMO

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Sorry - the photo isn't displaying so can't help with readings. Did you shake the nitrate test reagents really well before use - this can give a false reading if its not thoroughly mixed? Also how long has the tank been running and is it heavily planted - lots of plants and light stocking can keep the nitrate level low - my 7 gallon lightly stocked, heavily planted invertebrate tank used to read around 0ppm.

Thedudeiam94

Well Known
Reaction score
That’s how everything is supposed to look if you’ve been dosing ammonia and doing wcs your cycle looks good to me ph-7.4 ammonia-0 nitrite-0 nitrate-0

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
The photos aren't loading properly right now as there is an issue with the forum uploading full s correctly, but Mike is looking to fix it as soon as possible.

New Threads