Test results help please

evonner

I have a question about test results of water. I am on city water system. I have a 10 gallon tank with live plants and one betta with fin rot I am fighting to heal.

10/20/21 Nitrates were 10, Nitrite 0, GH 150, Alkalinity 40, Ph 7.0, Ammonia 0.
10/22.21 Nitrates were 0, Nitrite 0, Ph 7.0, Ammonia 0

Why did my Nitrates go down? ???

I am doing a 30% water change today. I have two buckets. Clean bucket and dirty bucket. Yesterday I filled the clean bucket with 3 gallons of tap water, 1 ml Prime, put in a heater. I am now ensure the temp of the treated water. I going to start the water change now. But I really want to know why my Nitrates went to zero.

Flyfisha

Hi evonner,
You should probably start your own thread ( question) in order to get more replies?

Sorry I don’t have a definite answer as to why your nitrates have a different reading on a different day . I would wonder if the test was carried out correctly on one occasion? Was the solution in bottle 2 shaken hard for the time stated on the instructions? Apparently that is a common problem with how the test results can vary/ not be accurate. The solution needs a very good stirring.

evonner

Hi evonner,
You should probably start your own thread ( question) in order to get more replies?

Sorry I don’t have a definite answer as to why your nitrates have a different reading on a different day . I would wonder if the test was carried out correctly on one occasion? Was the solution in bottle 2 shaken hard for the time stated on the instructions? Apparently that is a common problem with how the test results can vary/ not be accurate. The solution needs a very good stirring.
I am new being a Betta owner and new to forums. I cant figure out how to start my own thread. But I have a lot of question. Its 12:42 am here and I just got done testing two tanks.

Flyfisha

That’s fine . We are all new at some time?

6 pm in Australia.

Someone will always try and help, by answering any questions evonner.

I have to let this young gentleman out of his cage and watch how he behaves with the little female.
image.jpgAn apistogramma.

edit .
So far so good.
image.jpg

evonner

I only have one little dude Betta. He is sick. I have been trying to read everything that I can about water conditions, cycling and illnesses. I am attempting to condition his 5 gallon tank as "hospital" and the tank he is in is a 10 gallon. I cycled 3.5 gallons today and we now have low nitrites. I hit his tank with another ml of Prime. Here are some pictures of my little fin rot dude. And hello to Australia

Attachments

• Stewart 10192021 2.jpg
    Stewart 10192021 2.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Stewart 10192021 Afternoon 1.jpg
    Stewart 10192021 Afternoon 1.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Stweart 10192021 this afternoon 3 _161221.jpg
    Stweart 10192021 this afternoon 3 _161221.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 5

Latest Aquarium Threads

Top Bottom