Test results after water change

MagicChipmunk

I just did a water change and why is my nitrate still high does anyone know why? 25 percent water change

Attachments

• 62A0F3FF-EAC2-409F-9C2C-7B85E2895399.jpeg
    62A0F3FF-EAC2-409F-9C2C-7B85E2895399.jpeg
    162 KB · Views: 7

ppate1977

Not sure. That's really high though. I'd suggest another WC. Maybe 50%

MagicChipmunk

Yeah after every WC it’s been at 0ppm (besides ph) but now it’s high should I do another WC right now?

ppate1977

I would. It can't hurt.

MagicChipmunk

Ok I will do another one right now

Donthemon

Do at least 50% and let us know what the readings are after that. Be sure to shake the heck out of the nitrate test chemicals before using.that is a big issue a lot of times.

Kassh4815

Like Donthemon said, shake the nitrate kit a lot I’ve had this happen because I didn’t shake it well enough. If nitrate is still high after another water change. Check your water supply as well another poster had 40ppm from the tap that was causing issues.

MrMuggles

Check your water supply as well another poster had 40ppm from the tap that was causing issues.
Check this! Depending where you live, the season, and the state of your local facilities, the water supply can change suddenly. Also its spring and here in the PNW thats when all the water lines crack and break, from shifting waterlogged soils, this can allow new pollutants to enter the supply.

Random Great Thread!

Latest Aquarium Threads

Top Bottom