Test kits

1. B

BlackRev New Member Member

I have a test kit from about 5 or 6 years ago. Are the solutions any good or should I just replace them to be safe. I just got back into fishkeeping and thought I could use my test kit that I have. I don't see any expiration dates on the bottles. The box has been stored in the basement on a shelf. I have one of these http://www.apifishcare.com/Products/Product.aspx?ProductID=67. Thanks for the help.

2. Shawnie

Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

Welcome to Fishlore!!

Great kit but it probably is expired. There is dates on each bottle. The lot #'s let you know the month and year they were made. Shelf life is 3 years after such date. I would replace it :)

Advertisement

3. toosie

toosie Well Known Member Member

4. OP
    OP
    B

BlackRev New Member Member

Thanks for the respnse. I'll go and replace the solutions tomorrow. I bought a thing of test strips to see if the test kit works. After a week my nitrite and nitrate levels were always reading "0". I put in the test strips and they would be right on the high side. Thanks again for the article it was very heplful.

5. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Good morning and Welcome to Fish Lore! :)

:animal0068:I have moved your thread from General Discussion to Aquarium Water/Test Kits section of the forum.

Thanks! I hope you enjoy the site.

Ken

Advertisement