Test, Having Difficulties Posting Pic's

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Tank Photos' started by Popster, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Popster

PopsterNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +10
    Lets see if this one posts.

Great, Admin please delete this thread.

Attached Files:

2. CheshireKat

CheshireKatWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +492
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    Before it's deleted, can I ask what box filter that is?

3. OP
    OP
    Popster

PopsterNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +10
    Hi Certainly. It is a small triangular filter of certainly Chinese origin as it has no known brand name. I have placed small stones at the bottom to weight it down then a layer of carbon as the tank was getting smelly and then polyester filter wool. Total height excluding the white base is approximately 5" and about 3" from the apex of the triangle (rear) to the front.

They appear to be very efficient given the bacterial material in the box filter vs. the Matten.

You could actually make these, there a many YouTube clips on it.

4. CheshireKat

CheshireKatWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +492
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    Ah, okay, thanks. I have a couple box filters; one that has slits on the top and sides and a corner one with slits on the bottom sides. I'd really like a combination of the two: openings on the bottom sides and on the top of the filter, as I find debris will/can rest on it otherwise. Your media layers just look so neat!

I have made a couple, but I find their efficiency to vary and change, probably because I don't have the tools to make anything precise.

I've been strongly considering trying matten filters. I might do so for the tanks I plan to get today while they're on sale. I currently have box filters on all but 1 tank and like how customizable they are compared to sponge filters, and being able to run several on one air pump is great. I do like trying new things though and matten filters sound interesting.

5. OP
    OP
    Popster

PopsterNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +10
    Yeah, The tank that you saw is my first Matten, I have a smaller tank purely to breed out guppy's before transferring to the tank with the Matten. I have just bought another two tanks an built in corner Matten's. All my Matten's are powered by airlifts but if you don't have the gear or where with all then simply but small poweheads.