Terrarium Pet Suggestions?

1. CTL7

CTL7 New Member Member

I'm working on a 20 gallon long terrarium. It's sort of like a marsh habitat with ferns mosses vines and a 2 inch deep pond/puddle in the center. Any suggestions for maybe some small amphibians that would like it? (The pond has a small air stone to keep the water from becoming stagnant.)

Originally I started it for my high humidity plants that needed help and I couldn't save any other way in the dry air inside my house. Such as my tiny cattleya orchid and a fern, and now some bolitis that near died in my aquarium. The orchid and unknown fern are recovering nicely. I am a sucker for mosses and had some vines around the house that are water lovers, so I added them too.

2. Sean Smith

Sean Smith Well Known Member Member

Could watch a waterdog turn into a salamander

3. FlipFlopFishFlake

FlipFlopFishFlake Well Known Member Member

You might be able to do bumblebee toads, or dart frogs if you can get the humidity high enough. Also you might be able to try a tiger salamander. They are really neat, I had one a few years back and it was a blast to feed. Some types of garter snakes will do well in that setup especially with the access to water. There is probably some neat bugs you could put in there as well.

4. OP
    OP
    CTL7

CTL7 New Member Member

I'd love to do dart frogs especially the thumbnails. I figure probably shouldn't do no more than 2 of a more social variety in this space. I've read that some of them don't like company.