Terminate

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Jai, Apr 22, 2006.

1. JaiValued MemberMember

Well..not quite on the lines of Terminate!...........here's the scenario.....my blue play has been a mean little bully to my yellow platy...24/7 he is bullying him! chasing him around....so I phoned my pet shop and explained it to them, very kindly they said I can bring back the blue platy, and so I did and got a beautiful silver molly...it's incredible!.....but guess what?!?! thats not the end...as soon as I added my silver molly the yellow platy (the one that was bullied by the blue platy) started to bully my new molly!....it's a joke!....I felt so sorry for the yellow platy before coz he was bullied by the blue platy, and now i'm upset with it.....my poor molly...... :'(

2. mistycheriValued MemberMember

Sounds like you have a dominance thing going on. Are they both male?

3. ShortyValued MemberMember

Have you sexed the platys? You should have 1 male to 2 females, this is to prevent a single female being bullied to death by the guys.
    I am guessing your blue and yellow platys could be male and as Cheri said it was a dominance thing, and now you have removed the blue and replaced it with a molly the yellow male platy could feel dominante over the molly.
    Tis a complex thing this pecking order and dominace, why can't they all just have a nice cup of tea and let bygones be bygones :)

4. ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

Too much testosterone flying around!!! Until females are put in or the males are seperated they will continue this way sorry.
    Carol

5. mistycheriValued MemberMember

I wonder...... Do they make Xanax in liquid form, that we could use to chill out these aggressive little fisheys???:):-]

6. ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

"Dissolve one Valium in a cup of water, add to tank".......... j/k Sometimes you wish you could do just that :)
    Carol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice