Ten gallon tank

1. Danyboi18 Initiate Member

I have a ten gallon tank was thinking to add a bottom or algae eater does anyone know a good one??

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

2. endlercollector Fishlore VIP Member

With only 10 gallons, some kind of snail is probably your best bet. What other animals are living in this tank? Tell us about your pH, KH if possible, and substrate. That will help us to figure out some options for you.

But I can give you a list of algae eaters that you should *not* put in there as you simply do not have enough space.
    SAE
    Chinese Algae Eater
    Pleco
    Oto cat (I cannot recommend that anyone get a shoal of oto cats unless s/he can get some that are tank bread)

3. Danyboi18 Initiate Member

I kno that that's why I ask of ones I can put in the tank

4. Danyboi18 Initiate Member

And thers drift wood and like 4 small plants and 3 deceptive pebbles

5. _Fried_Bettas_ Well Known Member Member

Shrimp and snails are really the only appropriate algae eating critters for a nano tank.

6. endlercollector Fishlore VIP Member

It would be good to know what the stocking is currently in order to be able even to pick snail as some get quite large and pose more of a bio load than one might think.

7. Danyboi18 Initiate Member

So ghost shrimp are ok?

8. Danyboi18 Initiate Member

I had someone just tell me a spotted Cory

9. endlercollector Fishlore VIP Member

No, because they need a shoal of at least five or six and a minimum tank size of 20 gallons. Some people will tell you they need at least 29 gallons.

You could only fit a shoal of Pygmy Cories into a 10 gallon if there were no other fish around as that would probably overload the biofilter.

You will get better recommendations for your particular situation if you tell people what it is that they have to work with ;)