X
Cookie Policy

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website! Learn More

Reject (Leave Website)

Ten Gallon Tank Stock 10 Gallon Tank

1. FearlessDreamer Valued Member Member

I have a ten gallon tank, it has a filter, a heater and a ton of fake plants for hiding, and a mystery snail(who can be moved to one of the other tanks), I was wondering what I could stock the tank with. I was hoping for something cool looking, but not a Betta. I’d be open to a school or even just a “center piece” fish. Any suggestions?

2. tokiodreamy Well Known Member Member

I believe celestrial pearl danios can go in a 10g. I think rasboras as well but not 100%.

Advertisement

3. FearlessDreamer Valued Member Member

I love the look of the celestial pearl danios, are they schooling fish?

Advertisement

4. Platylover Fishlore VIP Member

There’s a ton in the 10g stock thread, but my personal favourites are peacock gudgeons , cpd’s, some of the microrasboras, and sparkling goiramis.

5. aquatickeeper Fishlore VIP Member

CPDs are schooling fish. Other than CPDs, you could also do a school of chili rasboras. Peacock gudgeons are also one of my favorites as well; I love their coloration.

6. FearlessDreamer Valued Member Member

I think I’ve fallen in love with both the CPDs and the peacock gudgeons... I can’t decide which school I should stock in the ten gallon

7. Platylover Fishlore VIP Member

Peacock gudgeons aren’t schoolers, so you could do both. 6 cpds and 1-2 peacocks.

8. Achilles Valued Member Member

You could also do 4-6 African shell dweller cichlids. They only get about 2 inches long (females about 1 inch) and are some of the most interesting fish to watch. Tons of personality.

Gudgeons are cool too, though :).

9. aquatickeeper Fishlore VIP Member

I'd do 8 CPDs and 2 peacock gudgeons (stays near the bottom).

10. tokiodreamy Well Known Member Member

If you do CPDs i believe you can get a max of 12 in a 10g.

Advertisement