Ten Gallon Tank Stock 10 Gallon Tank

1. FearlessDreamer Member Member

I have a ten gallon tank, it has a filter, a heater and a ton of fake plants for hiding, and a mystery snail(who can be moved to one of the other tanks), I was wondering what I could stock the tank with. I was hoping for something cool looking, but not a Betta. I’d be open to a school or even just a “center piece” fish. Any suggestions?
  2. tokiodreamy Well Known Member Member

I believe celestrial pearl danios can go in a 10g. I think rasboras as well but not 100%.

3. FearlessDreamer Member Member

I love the look of the celestial pearl danios, are they schooling fish?
  4. Platylover Fishlore VIP Member

There’s a ton in the 10g stock thread, but my personal favourites are peacock gudgeons , cpd’s, some of the microrasboras, and sparkling goiramis.

5. aquatickeeper Fishlore VIP Member

CPDs are schooling fish. Other than CPDs, you could also do a school of chili rasboras. Peacock gudgeons are also one of my favorites as well; I love their coloration.
  6. FearlessDreamer Member Member

I think I’ve fallen in love with both the CPDs and the peacock gudgeons... I can’t decide which school I should stock in the ten gallon
  7. Platylover Fishlore VIP Member

Peacock gudgeons aren’t schoolers, so you could do both. 6 cpds and 1-2 peacocks.

8. Achilles Member Member

You could also do 4-6 African shell dweller cichlids. They only get about 2 inches long (females about 1 inch) and are some of the most interesting fish to watch. Tons of personality.

Gudgeons are cool too, though :).
  9. aquatickeeper Fishlore VIP Member

I'd do 8 CPDs and 2 peacock gudgeons (stays near the bottom).
  10. tokiodreamy Well Known Member Member

If you do CPDs i believe you can get a max of 12 in a 10g.

Share Page: