• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Samanta.r

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I currently have some guppies and 2 diffrent species corydoras (only 1 of each,I know I know bad idea) and I'm giving them to my brother who has a 20 gall long and he will get more.
So I want to put a trio of dwarf sparkling gouramis and 4 panda corydoras and maybe a small school of chili rasboras. Is this possible, suggestions accepted. sparkling gouramis are a must though not so much the rasboras and all. Thanks for you're input.

ValerieAdams

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Any kind of cories need at least a 20 long. I'm not sure about the gouramis and chilis. You can definitely do chilis if not the gouramis but I'm just not sure about them

WTFish?

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I got mixed reviews on cories in my 10, well from here anyway. Haha. After talking with several successful keepers I decided to do it (corydoras habrosus) So far all is well and they seem happy with my cpd’s.

Keith83

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Any kind of cories need at least a 20 long. I'm not sure about the gouramis and chilis. You can definitely do chilis if not the gouramis but I'm just not sure about them
20 gallon is certainly better if you have one but I've done some research on the pygmy Cory recently because I'd like them for a nano tank of my own. For what its worth out of a dozen or so sites I googled not one said 20 was the minimum size. One site listed 15, one said something like plenty of space and the rest said 10 gallons was the minimum. linked each site and posted them on fishlore.

Last edited:

Sarah73

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
20 gallon is certainly better if you have one but I've done some research on the pygmy Cory recently because I'd like them for a nano tank of my own. For what its out of a dozen or so sites I googled not one said 20 was the minimum size. One site listed 15, one said something like plenty of space and the rest said 10 gallons was the minimum. linked each site and posted them on fishlore.
They are mid dwellers. I have them myself and they don't like a 10 gallon. Too small and not enough room as they are mid dwellers. 15 gallon is minimum.

Mazeus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I have sparkling gourami with chili rasboras and most of the time they are fine together. However, when the sparkling gourami are spawning they chase the chilis non-stop. The bonded pair will also chase other sparkling gourami. My advice would be to have a heavily planted tank if you are keeping more than a m/f pair of sparklers.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom