Ten gal stocking help pls!!

mileshasabrowndogenm

Helloooo, recently moved all my fish to my 20 gal (it’s still understocked dw) and now I have an empty 10 gal!! I want to get some snails and shrimp but haven’t figured out the main stocking yet. I was rly interested in getting a pea puffer but I would want to have some other stocking with it which wouldn’t rly work. Apparently they will eat big mystery snails????? The page said “they will eat them one bite at a time” WUT. I heard that you can have fast fish with them but idk. Any ideas on what to stock that is pretty calm and easy? I want this to be my chill tank, but still cool? Lol. I was interested in kuhli loaches but not so much in their giant life span. Know anything interesting to go in this ten gal? Hope u know what I’m talkin about and it’s not too much to ask lol. Attached is my tank! Hopin to get more plants in
edit: thinkin about getting a divider and making one side a single puffer, and one side snails and shrimp do you think that would work?!
D7137953-390D-4E93-8681-D41AF333961C.jpeg
654522CE-7D91-4BD5-9ADC-87E265886548.jpeg

TheAnglerAquarist

Spoil a betta with some shrimp and snails!

Upvote 0

Tetraman124

As long as you keep up on your water changes you could put two pea puffers because your really supposed to have 1 per 5 gallons but I’m not sure about that and some ember tetras or Neon tetras the green variation as well and one of my personal favorite is the otocinclus not all of those I just listed together in a tank though. All of those fish can live with pea puffers and look great in a planted aquarium

Upvote 0

mileshasabrowndogenm

As long as you keep up on your water changes you could put two pea puffers because your really supposed to have 1 per 5 gallons but I’m not sure about that and some ember tetras or Neon tetras the green variation as well and one of my personal favorite is the otocinclus not all of those I just listed together in a tank though. All of those fish can live with pea puffers and look great in a planted aquarium
Awww I never heard of the otocinclus it’s so cute!

Upvote 0

MyFishAddiction

You could do guppies. They are pretty chill, and only live like 3 years max. There are some kinds that are really cool, like cobras, and mosaic. Or you could do endler guppies.

Upvote 0

Sofiafish17

They are super cute, but they need pretty good water. I have 3 and don’t have perfect water though, so don’t let my discourage you. Just trying to focus on the importance of water changes with these guys. I will say that when they are babies they kind of zoom around. I got all freaked out, but I have done my research and it is not ammonia poisoning. The younger ones just seem to like to zoom up and down, or around the tank once or twice and then calm right back down. Mine stop doing that once they mature, so I know it’s not a health issue. Just figured I would give you a heads up in case you do go with Otos because it really freaked me out the first time I saw it lol.

Upvote 0

Tetraman124

They are super cute, but they need pretty good water. I have 3 and don’t have perfect water though, so don’t let my discourage you. Just trying to focus on the importance of water changes with these guys. I will say that when they are babies they kind of zoom around. I got all freaked out, but I have done my research and it is not ammonia poisoning. The younger ones just seem to like to zoom up and down, or around the tank once or twice and then calm right back down. Mine stop doing that once they mature, so I know it’s not a health issue. Just figured I would give you a heads up in case you do go with Otos because it really freaked me out the first time I saw it lol.
I keep them in almost all of my tanks with a lot of range in ph and temperatures so they are really hardy

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
otterblue
  • Question
Replies
Views
ProudPapa
  • Question
Replies
Views