Tempting Fate

1. K

Keith83 Valued Member Member

So I have a 55 gallon tank, fully cycled(5 weeks since I started), planted and stocked. 7 giant danios, 6 Venezuelan Corys, 3 Platys and a Rubbernose Pleco. All healthy all growing. Plants growing and multiplying.....no visible algie. It's going so good that I'm afraid to add fish or plants. I'm tempted to add another Cory and maybe a pearl gourami but I don't want to screw up the tank. Am I just being paranoid?

2. Kyleena696

Kyleena696 Valued Member Member

I think the only think plants could introduce is pest snails.

You're not being paranoid about the fish though, it's best to quarantine new fish before adding them to their main tank. I personally don't quarantine and haven't had any problems yet *knocksonwood* but I worry for about 3 months after I add any new fish to my tanks.

Edit: if you do quarantine then I think it is slight paranoia lol

3. OP
    OP
    K

Keith83 Valued Member Member

Yeah, I didn't quarantine any of them. I don't really have a set up for that. I might set up a small tank for that.

4. Kyleena696

Kyleena696 Valued Member Member

I don't have a set up for it either, or the room. I know lots of people just use tubs such as Rubbermaid tubs for their quarantine systems and leave them out of the way on the floor. Much cheaper than buying a tank/stand. And then you won't end up "accidentally" stocking your quarantine lol.