Temporary goldfish tank while digging pond

SpecialPatrolGroup

I have five goldfish (3 x mature, approx 15cm long, 2 x juvenile, approx 6-7cm long) in my outdoor pond. It's not a huge pond (85 gallon) but they're very happy and healthy out there and have been for years.

I am planning a much bigger pond but I will be digging it myself. This will take several weeks as it's just me, so I need somewhere to put the fish in the meantime.

Will my 25 gal tank be sufficient for them for a month or so?

adumsoza

You can, but It will be very crowded. I would go for a bigger one if you have it available. or keep the juveniles is the 25 gallon and the adults in a bigger tank. Also, are you extending the pond or making a different one? if it is different you can leave them in that pond.

SpecialPatrolGroup

Making a whole new pond, about five times as big. But, it is going in the same place so I'll have to move them anyway. I don't want to put them back and forth too much as they had a recent enormously stressful situation.

PeterFishKeepin

Are the young fancy goldfish or comets? IMO 5 goldies in 25gals isn't gonna work, maybe for a day or two but it's not a great idea. I'm pretty sure your from Australia, maybe go to the dollar store or stores like big w/Kmart/Bunnings and buy some of there bigger plastic storage tubs, the 25 gal tank should be ok for 2 small goldies for the month, you would need another plastic tub or two for the 3 remaining fish.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• BottomDweller
  • Ponds
Replies
Views
BottomDweller
Replies
Views
Skavatar
  • Deano_
  • Ponds
Replies