Temporary Betta Setup

Algonquin

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Not too sure about that pot... looks to be glazed. You have to be very careful what you put in a fish tank - chemicals coming off of anything like that can be toxic to your fish. Your safest bet is to get an unglazed, unpainted, completely plain terracotta pot (you can get one super cheap at a dollar store).

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I dont have betta myself, but I read that they appreciate a place close to surface where they can rest close to the source of air. I think it is because their beautiful fins are actually quiet unpractical for them to swim with. Until you get some decoration which would let you betta lye close to surface like some Betta hammock or a taller plant I could suggest you one thing. Google 'DIY betta hammock' There is many creative ways to make a little resting place with some common home things like a plastic cup or a plastic spoon or some netting I just love DIYs

Mom2some

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
It will be fine. There is the ideal world where we all have unlimited budgets & unlimited time for our tanks, and then there is the real world. Take your time choosing what you want to add.

Daniel Price

Valued Member
Reaction score
Algonquin said:
Not too sure about that pot... looks to be glazed. You have to be very careful what you put in a fish tank - chemicals coming off of anything like that can be toxic to your fish. Your safest bet is to get an unglazed, unpainted, completely plain terracotta pot (you can get one super cheap at a dollar store).
i think it is a korean or chinese preservation pot

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom