temporarily food for cory cats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakob V

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
i have 4 cory cats in a 20 gallon with a betta and 2 ghost shrimp and a cardinal tera(i know they do better in schools im getting more). what should i feed the cory cats temporarily till i can get more food and also for the tetra hes never at the top of the tank more bottom and lower middle. what can i tempararily feed him. im so sorry i do do my research i just completily forgot to get food we were in a huge rush. am i a bad fish owner for this, first time?

kinezumi89

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Do you have anything, or do you mean you just don't have bottom feeder food? People often supplement food with vegetables like zucchini and cucumber, and you can feed shelled peas, but those fish are all carnivores (or omnivores) and they need protein in their diet.

kinezumi89

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Does that mean you have betta food? If so, the tetra and cory cat won't mind eating that for a bit until you can get some more appropriate food. Like Jaysee mentioned, I feed all my fish NLS, bettas included. But betta food is highly protein-based and will be fine for the neon and cory temporarily.

OP
J

Jakob V

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
yes i have betta food but the betta will eat it all and wont stop even if hes full he just keeps eating and i dont want him to bloat and die. im currently feeding them tropical fish flakes and pushing them down to sink ontop of them so the betta wont eat them before they get a chance and iv never seen my tetra come to the top or eat at all how long could he live without eating its been 3 days counting today and i havent seen him eat 1. can he eat allegy?

kinezumi89

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
You can also hold a pinch of betta pellets under the surface for a bit then let them go so they sink. This is how I feed my big community tank, so that even the shyer fish get food.

Do you mean you've had the tetra three days, or he hasn't been eating for three days? If you've only had him three days, then he's still getting used to his surroundings. It often takes fish a little while to settle in. If you mean he hasn't been eating for three days; fish can last quite awhile without food, but the issue is WHY isn't he eating. I'm assuming it's because tetras are schooling fish, and you have one of them in with a large, predatory fish. I'm not saying your betta is going after the tetra, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if he's scared of the betta and that's why he's been hiding at the bottom.

OP
J

Jakob V

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
hes not really hiding though thats the thing hes swimming at the bottom and lower middle and he might be eating i dont know iv never seen him eat yet and i had 3 of them but they both died i got the last 3 and i dont know if that means there the healthiest or weakest they get fish every sunday and i got the last 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom