Temple Compacta Or Windelov Java Fern

1. Katie13 Fishlore VIP Member

I'm my 20H Gold Ram pairing tank, I was planning on Temple Compacta, Elodea, Java Fern, and Anubias. Now I'm considering replacing the Temple Compacta with some Windelov Java Fern instead. I was wondering which you would choose. This is the current layout plan. I hadn't decided upon a place for the Java Fern. Elodea would be in the back corners.
    image.jpeg

2. Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

Unless you want to attach more plants to the driftwood I would stick with the temple since it can be planted in the substrate.

3. Katie13 Fishlore VIP Member

That's what I was thinking. The Temple Compacta at the Petsmart I went to yesterday just looked scrawny making me reconsider.

4. Bbarb27 Member Member

I would go with the temple compacta. The old growth might be scrawny but once you have new growth you can replant the healthier top of the plants.

5. Katie13 Fishlore VIP Member

They just got some new ones in. The one I saw was the last one they had.

6. Katie13 Fishlore VIP Member

@Aquaphobia @Bbarb27 I just picked up a thing of Temple Compacta. It looks much better than the first one I found.

7. Bbarb27 Member Member

I was at Petsmart today and picked up some weary looking wisteria and temple compacta for a cycling tank. The plants are already looking better after a few hours in the tank and under some decent light! Stem plants can be hardy