Temperature

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by AlanGreene, Jan 12, 2013.

1. AlanGreeneWell Known MemberMember

Hey guys!

just a quick question for everyone. How important is the correct temperature for a fish? for example if a fishes temperature range is 23 - 26 degrees, how damaging would it be to keep that fish at 28 degrees? does this differ from fish to fish?

Thanks for taking the time to read this :)

Al

2. Matt BWell Known MemberMember

I would say you have some wiggle room. Some species are more sensitive while others are more resilient. An example are my Gold Barbs I keep at 80F and in the wild they're more used to 65-75ish.

3. JDcichlidloverWell Known MemberMember

it does differ from fish to fish. for example, some fish like it around 80-82 degrees F, whiles others like it around 76-78 F. you can treat ich naturally by turning it up to 86F. So it can't be too bad. of course you want it in the correct place though. warmer water has less oxygen so they can't breathe as easy.
    hopefully I helped :)

4. AlanGreeneWell Known MemberMember

Of course you did, thanks for the reply guys! I was thinking of getting 6 or 7 of these guys instead of my small schooling fish for my new tank but my tank is set to 28 degrees so I was just inquiring if they would be comfortable in my tank, I don't want to make any creatures life unpleasant

5. JDcichlidloverWell Known MemberMember

i found this and it says optimum temp for glass catfish is 25.5C
    Catfish are also sensitive so I'd turn it down :) they also don't like bright lights. I have a coral sun light for my tank just so when I turn it on my featherfin comes out to play with the cichlids :D it acts like a black light. we use the same ones at work for the glowlight danios

6. AlanGreeneWell Known MemberMember

Yeah I might make a separate tank in a year or so for these guys, I also love ghost knife fish, I will need a massive tank for those guys though! Thanks for the input guys :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice