Z123Killer Well Known Member Member

What should the temperature be for this stocking:
    1 Dwarf Gourami
    1 Bolivian Ram
    3 Platys (Already in tank)
    3 Guppies (Already in tank)
    8 Panda Cories
    10 Neon Tetras

This stocking will go in a 29-gallon tank, do you have any recommendations (Add fish, remove fish, get a different species)?

Thanks.

2. D

David Lawson Initiate Member

I would generally keep these species ranging from about 24c-27c.

3. tyguy7760

tyguy7760 Fishlore VIP Member

I'd try to keep it around 74F. Neons will do better in cooler waters and the rest like it in the lower 70's as well.

4. popsikle

popsikle Initiate Member

Heater set at 78F is what I would prob set it at, because that's where i keep all my gouramis, generally regardless of whatever else is in the tank.

5. DoubleDutch

DoubleDutch Fishlore Legend Member

I'd set it at 75F.

Most fish don't need 78F.
    The DG will show less agression.

6. a

ahmad.echols Member Member

I think this stocking list is horrible to crowded. Ram with gourami seems like an accident waiting to happen

7. popsikle

popsikle Initiate Member

I once had a tank with a Blue Gourami as my CPF. There was maybe a dozen other fish around him, temp was at 74-75, plenty of hiding places and planted cover, understocked for its size, etc. BG super aggro, nipping at everything, killed a tetra or two while I tried different things (tetra's went from just fine to mangled in a matter of hours). Adjust temp up to 78, he calmed down, still aggressive but was no longer nipping. Similar situation with my former DGs and all my Gouramis came from the same breeder.

8. DoubleDutch

Sorry but I disagree.

Higher temps are a trigger for mating (behaviour) of DG's and most gourami btw Males will start making a bubblenest, defend it (agression), be assertive etc etc...

It worns them down and shorten their lifespan.

It is really strange what you experienced.
    A blue DG?

9. tyguy7760

tyguy7760 Fishlore VIP Member

Sounds like a 3 spot

10. popsikle

popsikle Initiate Member

no, the BG and DG were in separate tanks ;p Both showed the same behavior with the temp set at what you would normally set it at for either. Moral of the story, some fish are bred/raised a bit outside the norms, I guess. I still have the BG, I have had him now for a little over 4 years, and he still seems pretty healthy.

11. DoubleDutch

Hahahaha you made him sluggish.
    Too lazy to get agressive at that temps hihihi

12. popsikle

popsikle Initiate Member

lol, its possible.

13. OP
    OP
    Z

14. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

Sorry for the late reply, been gone all week. I would keep the temp at 72 Fahrenheit.

15. BottomDweller

BottomDweller Fishlore VIP Member

I would keep it 72-73f

16. OP
    OP
    Z

@Anders247 @BottomDweller
    Thanks for the replies, will keeping the temperature at 74F be ok? I live in AZ and it gets pretty hot, but if I have to keep it at 72F then I will try...

17. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

74 should be fine.