temperature fluctuation in betta tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Das96

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I got a new betta today. I also bought an Tetra HT10 50w submersible heater that keeps the temperature of the tank around 78 F. My room is a little cold so I have noticed the heater turning on semi-frequently to heat up the water. when it turns on the water is around 76 F. Is this repeated temperature fluctuation harmful to the fish?

Thanks

Last edited:

Al913

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
WELCOME to Fishlore!!!

So first off, although you probably didn't know the heater you got is one of the worst ones. Many beginners buy the heater thinking of how much money they are saving only to find out the heater only works for a few months, it doesn't keep the tank at a constant temperature, or the heater doesn't work. I suggest you buy either the Aqueon Pro or Eheim Jager. When it comes to heaters nad for most equipment you get what you pay for. Personally, as well as many people, the best thing to do if you want to know if your buying a good quality equipment is too look on Amazon! You don't have to buy from Amazon but Amazon has product reviews

Das96

Valued Member
Reaction score
great..., yes I am new to the hobby, but don't think I am mistreating my pet, beyond the heater, I made sure the tank was set up and cycled. and he has plenty of hiding places (fake silk plants, and a cave. I am mentioning this so no one posts tips on how to set up the tank). I can get a 25w neo-therm from amazon (didn't at first because I'm in college and try to not spend to much). but it won't get here for two days. Will my betta be fine until then?

Al913

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Yep, 2 days is fine, bettas are pretty hardy. Don't worry I knew you must care for the fish since many don't even know that bettas should have a heater since they need a tank that is 78F

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • No

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 52 66.7%

Top Bottom