Temperature Drop In Tank

binji

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
my tank has been fluctuating between 78 and 80 degrees the past few days, which i was working to fix, but this morning i came to check on guitar and the temperature had dropped to 75 degrees. i covered the top of the tank back up with plastic wrap to try to bring the temperature back up, but im mostly just concerned about guitar
how badly will a drop like that affect him? will he be ok?
he seems to be doing fine right now; he came to greet me, he ate all his food, he's swimming around pretty much normally (i cant really tell if it's erratic or not)

KinsKicks

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello!

He should be fine, if the temperature dropped steadily over the course of the night, its not a big deal; temperature decreases even occur in the wild so I'm quite sure your betta won't have any ill effects. Just make sure you increase the temp 1-2 degrees every hour or so, so you don't temp shock them.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

andychrissytank

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
you should invest in an aquarium heater to keep a stable 78 degrees for your betta, but according to fishlore, 75 degrees is still within his range of temperatures.
Still, Guitar would like a heater at 78 degrees

binji

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
i have a heater in his tank rn but i had it unplugged for some reason (probably bc it stays hot in here) and of course the one time it wasnt plugged in it got cold, but the heater is back up and running now

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom