temperature challenges

1. redlessi Well Known Member Member

My 72 gal is currently at 80 degrees, is that too high:;dk? All my aquarium info is updated..........

Thanks much

2. harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

That's just fine IMO. All my FW tanks are kept between 78-80.

3. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

agreed, not to worry. If you are concerned you could just add an air pump for aeration..

4. Regal Well Known Member Member

80 is perfect

5. redlessi Well Known Member Member

Thanks much, My 35 was always 78 and since I set this up the other day its been 80 and today a few fish looked a little lethargic for a moment but I turned down the heater and everyone is back to normal. Its at 79 now.

6. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Red. I keep my 265g at 79 degrees and everything is fine. Question: Your aquarium info states you just set up your 72g 11/20/09. Did you mean 2008? Just curious. Or did you use TSS to cycle or seed the the tank?
    Ken

7. redlessi Well Known Member Member

I moved/transfered all of my fish from the 35 gal to the 72 gal on Friday. First I rinsed the tank and gravel out really well. Then I arranged the decor and added the heater. Next was the water, I used 3/4 new water and the rest from the other tank. I added the filters next, 1 new and 1 from the 35 gallon. After about a hour I started adding the fish. I used a pitcher to catch most of them and the rest with the net. Very successful with the exception of my lone 2 danios that are still in the 35 gal, partly to maintain the cycle on that tank but more because I could not catch them.