Temp move a fish, stress? 10 Gallon Tank

1. Beth1965 Well Known Member Member

Ive got a ten gallon that is overun by guppy babes, I planned on bringing them to the pet store to rid myself of them-they are all that are in this tank for fish. Problem is that they just reproduced before the original babes are of a size to bring to the pet store. So now I am inunated with guppy babes.
    I have in a 55 gallon, 2 BR's, one is adult size, the other is about half dollar size. How stressful would it be to put one in the 10 gallon to take care of the guppies? And which one should I use, the small one or adult size BR?
    Thank you.

2. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Beth. I would feed the fry to the larger fish without moving the larger fish. If the fry are food then you should haven't to worry about the stress to the fry and this way you won't have to upset the larger fish. You've raised the fry so you shouldn't have to worry about disease compared to if the feeders/fry coming from the LFS.
    Ken

3. Beth1965 Well Known Member Member

How the heck am I going to catch the fry? That's what I don't think I can do..unless I practically empty the tank in order to get them

4. Amanda Fishlore VIP Member

In a 10 gal...shouldn't be too hard. Try catching Con fry in a 55. ;)
    Just get a large net and sweep from one end of the tank to the other

5. Beth1965 Well Known Member Member

Well, getting the bigger fty wasn't so bad but the new fry-two days old I couldn't even see.....

6. harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

Try a brine net. I think you'll be able to catch the fry in a few days. :)

7. Beth1965 Well Known Member Member

Thanks for the help.