Question Temp Difference Water And Air For Crabs Paludarium

Sigmadroid

Reaction score
I've done some deep searching and can't seem to find a definitive answer on this topic.

Does the air temp have to match the water temp when having crabs or semi aquatic creatures?

The crabs in question are vampire crabs but I assume this question could apply to anything that goes from water to land.

My water temp is 78 (going to put a betta in) and the air temp of the paludarium is anywhere between 72-74. Would this shock the crab if they go in and out of the water? Do I need a heat lamp or some kind of heater to keep the air temp up? Anbiet room temperature is around 72.

I've had fiddler crabs in the past and nothing set up to keep the temp balanced and they all lived. This was only for a month though as I had to move and get rid of them.

Sigmadroid

Reaction score
I hope I can get some kind of an answer. Otherwise I just plan on getting a heating pad and putting it on the back of the tank with a thermostat and hope for the best.

TheDarkAbyss

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Sorry, was doing important business.
In my experience, temperatures do not matter unless you live somewhere like Russia, they will do fine with ambient temperatures.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom