Temp Changes By Itself?

kleerp

Reaction score
Hello, all! As I'm continuing to set up a bigger tank for my goldfish (and a huge thanks to those who helped answer my questions) - I have one about water that's confused me as long as I've had my fish.
For months at a time the water in his tank seemed warm - warmer than room temperature. Then, suddenly it now seems much cooler. This is in general, of course, not after any kind of water changes or anything. Is there any reason for this? Does it have to do with the nitrogen cycle or anything? I can't figure out why the water would be warmer than room temp. for months then much cooler.
This has happened in his first 2 tanks. There are no water heaters in my tanks and they aren't near any windows or radiators or anything like that. It's happened while my place has been at about the same temperature (actually, in winter when the heat is higher in here is when the water got cooler - but far into winter so I don't think that was a factor).
Thank you~

Galathiel

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Sometimes, different rooms have different temperatures. Is it near electronics? Computers, etc.? My computer room runs about 3 degrees higher than the rest of the house.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom