Telling Kuhli Loaches Apart

SorenFawn

Reaction score
Are you able to tell individual kuhli loaches apart, like from their markings or size? I’d like to name mine when I get them but if I can’t tell them apart I might just give them all the same name :emoji_sweat_smile:

Zniaz

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
The stripes are quite similar, so I have never been able to tell the difference. But you could try!

~Zain

CanadianFishFan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Some of mine are different lengths. So I got a super long one, a short one and a chubby one. Thats easy, but how ever all of my baby loaches are impossible to tell apart.

CheshireKat

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Some of mine are different lengths. So I got a super long one, a short one and a chubby one. Thats easy, but how ever all of my baby loaches are impossible to tell apart.
You have baby kuhlis? How cute! I can't find kuhlis, or any loaches, locally.

MissNoodle

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Mine have different markings

Harder is the java loaches... theyre all brown lol

Soba is the only girl, shes fatter with tiny tiny pectoral fins, but aside from that, her head is darker than her body stripes. One broad stripe followed by two narrow stripes that come to a point tell her apart markings wise.

Udon, a broad stripe followed by two narrow stripes that are rounded at the belly. Has a black spot on his pectoral fin. Also smaller yellow spots on the brown stripes.

Ramen, hes got a broken spot in the middle of his stripes only on one side, and larger yellow spots on his black.

Wormfish is solid brown all the way through, minimal white on the belly.

Wonton is lighter than wormfish but not near as golden as Lo Mein. Blurry lateral stripe.

Lo Mein is a subspecies of java, so hes different significantly. Golden brown with a distinct bold lateral stripe. White belly. Narrow face, slimmer body.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom