Tell Me Your Dream Stocking For A 90 Gallon Tank ... I Need Some Inspiration!!!

FishMich

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hi Everyone!

Exciting times here, our 90 gallon tank is here!

Please tell me what your dream stocking would be for a 90 gallon tank? I’m in desperate need of inspiration. Hoping to make this a planted tank as well.

Many Thanks

david1978

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
With a 90 gallon tank you have so many options. If you want it planted it would rule out an oscar. Lol. You could do anything from large schools of nano fish, a betta community, dwarf chichlids to larger fish.

FishMich

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thanks friends. I know that we can’t really have any cool water species. Our house doesn’t ever really go below 25 degrees celsius. My son really wanted hillstream loaches in this tank, but I think it would be too warm for them. We are also looking for species outside of livebearers, we have a few of those already in another tank.

We also have another tank that is 29 gallons. The plan for that tank is a pair of German Blue Rams, a school of Corydoras Sterbai, a school of Cardinal Tetras and a school of Cherry Barbs. So hoping for different species than the ones we already have or are planning to have.

Let me know your suggestions!

SFGiantsGuy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Rams are always great and would likely carry the high potential to live a long time in such a large tank. Maybe not hillstream loaches, as cool as they look, those species of loaches require a strong water current, especially in a big tank, which if you opt to choose 'em, may require 1-2 very strong PH's and/or circulators.

bruh

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hi Everyone!

Exciting times here, our 90 gallon tank is here!

Please tell me what your dream stocking would be for a 90 gallon tank? I’m in desperate need of inspiration. Hoping to make this a planted tank as well.

Many Thanks
Put like 40 pea puffers in there.

Wobbegong

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Or you could do one larger puffer, I don't think its big enough for a mbu but there is probably a freshwater puffer just right. You could also try just one of a really aggressive cichlid like a flowerhorn. Maybe you could do oscars. Maybe a buttikoferi tilapia, i hear those are one of the most aggressive cichlids.

Last edited:

Becknewt24

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I don't know too many fish and compatibility, so this is going to be a mess lol.

30x harlequin rasboras
20x congo tetras
20x sterbai corys
20x stripped kuhli loaches
Guppies, mollys, platys, swordtails that would breed
2x bolivian ram
My betta that I own (I feel like he would have enough room for a territory, ihdk tho)
Plenty of shrimp, even tho I cannot seem to keep them alive
Plenty of zebra snails
Maybe an angelfish

I wouldn't take my suggestion lol, @TexasDomer how would this work?

Fashooga

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I would like discus in a 90g tank with some sort of dither fish.

My second dream would be a tank full of shrimp. Watch them do what they do and maybe, just maybe they’ll start building like a community or a city...

-Sofia-

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I don't even know what to say! There are so many options!! I like goldfish, Angels, discus, you could have LOTS of colourful guppies!! A blood parrot chiclid? I love those but I don't know if they can be in a 90, I bet they can though! Petsmart says a 29 gallon so I'm sure the minimum is around there

There is just so much to choose from!!

Last edited:

Wobbegong

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
You should take advantage of the fact that you have a 90 gallon aquarium and get fish that are big enough that you can't get them for smaller aquariums. Maybe bichirs or large cichlids.

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
90 gals have a large volume and a nice width, but it's still only 48" long, so you still can't stock a lot of the really large fish. But I love a big tank full of small fish

BaraYoukai

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
A heavily planted blue discus tank with golden shrimp...I think the color contrast would be pretty if you ever could find the shrimp, lol.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom