Teddy Bear the Betta's Fin Type

COBettaCouple
Rose,
At the Betta show that we got him, his breeder told us that Teddy Bear was a "feathered" Betta. Is there such a thing or is he a Rosetail?

lisamorie
Rose,
At the Betta show that we got him, his breeder told us that Teddy Bear was a "feathered" Betta. Is there such a thing or is he a Rosetail?

i, of course, don't know what he is, but man is he amazing!!

luna
i, of course, don't know what he is, but man is he amazing!!
I second this. I wouldn't know what to call him, but he's a really pretty color...though, I suppose handsome color would be a more appropriate term.

chickadee
I think the general decision is that he is a new type of fin entirely. It looks like a type of cross between a Rosetail and a Combtail or Crowntail. Rosetails have the ruffles that TeddyBear is showing in his fins and Halfmoons have the fullness but the sawtooth edging is all Crown/Combtail. So I would say that the "feathered" fins are a product of a breeder having a try at making a new fin type. Straight Rosetails are the most similar but their fins are smooth on the tips like a halfmoon with no sawtooth edges. This little fellow is lacy.

Beautiful, unique and yes, feathered fins. I believe we have a new fin type, ladies and gentlemen.

Rose

COBettaCouple
Thanks, we sure love the big guy. He's our biggest Betta and has the most expressive eyes.

chickadee
Errr...Dave we couldn't see his EYES in that photo. Just a little betta behind..

Rose

Hint, Hint; more pix, more pix...hehehehehehehehe

luna
He's a really pretty fish *drools with envy*, but I had 2 thoughts:

1. It looks like you dipped a blue fish head-first into black paint. A cool effect, but odd to me (though, to be fair, I haven't seen many color patterns).

2. I saw the hamster tubes and houses you're using for decor and thought about doing the same thing...but my tank isn't big enough for the stuff I saw.

COBettaCouple
Yea, he has a black mask.;D

He's a really pretty fish *drools with envy*, but I had 2 thoughts:

1. It looks like you dipped a blue fish head-first into black paint. A cool effect, but odd to me (though, to be fair, I haven't seen many color patterns).

2. I saw the hamster tubes and houses you're using for decor and thought about doing the same thing...but my tank isn't big enough for the stuff I saw.

janoue
Ya so dave, let me know when fedex picks him up, I'll be here waiting for the beautiful betta your about to give me!!! LOL Joking of course. HE is stunning and I am green with envy. I would have to agree with what rose said. That is the most beautiful colour of blue/green I have ever seen! And his face is so handsome. What a strong looking Lad he is!

pamd
Oh wow! What a spectacular-looking guy! And from what you've posted in previous threads, he's quite a character too! It's great to see close-ups of Teddy Bear, and your photog friend captured his good looks and personality wonderfully. I love the ones of Teddy Bear snooping around in his hamster toys, but also the ones of him looking straight into the camera and the others showing off his great tail. "I'm a model, you know. 24 hours per day attention from Dave and Stacey would be a nice substitute for the $2,000 per hour I normally charge." Does he have a totally high-falutin' attitude or just a pretentious accent? Oh wait. Fish can't talk. Or can they?

Shaina
Wow--he is really a gorgeous betta! And I love the hamster tubes! Do you have a pic of the whole tank, to see how it's laid out w/ the tubes and cave?

COBettaCouple
LOL.. Well, he can get a little pouty, but 99.9% of the time he's just starving for attention and eats it up for as long as he can. He lives up to his name and really is "a lover, not a fighter".
Does he have a totally high-falutin' attitude or just a pretentious accent? Oh wait. Fish can't talk. Or can they?

Yea, he's happily in a 6.6g bookshelf tank. He loves places to rest with his fins so he's often hanging out in his floating tube. The pics are a couple months old, before we started floating the tubes. (An accidental discovery that we've stuck with.)
Wow--he is really a gorgeous betta! And I love the hamster tubes! Do you have a pic of the whole tank, to see how it's laid out w/ the tubes and cave?

EpiFight
What a handsome little boy. =)

His eyes -do- have a lot of character. And his fins are most interesting.

chickadee
Yep those eyes will get you every time...he is gorgeous!

Love that betta. He is indeed a special little Teddy Bear!

Rose

Allie
Ok I want him....handsome!

Lucy
Beautiful tank for a handsome Betta boy!

That 6.6 looks so large.

COBettaCouple
Tell us about it.. he makes it so hard to say "enough attention for now" when he looks at us with those big soft eyes. The coloring around his eyes make his eye movements the most noticeable of all our bettas.
Yep those eyes will get you every time...he is gorgeous!

Love that betta. He is indeed a special little Teddy Bear!

Rose

He was the first to get a 6.6g bookshelf tank. We felt it would be good for his special needs, but he loved it so much, all the Bettas are getting them.
Beautiful tank for a handsome Betta boy!

That 6.6 looks so large.

chickadee
Yes actually that tank and its shallow depth is very good for him with those fins and the extra work he has to do just swimming with them. He is going to wear out and be tired faster than the girls. That was so thoughtful of you.

Male Bettas like Rosetails, Halfmoons, Deltas and NOW the Feathered fins expend a lot more energy going through moving water than the Crowntails, Combtails, and Females with the smaller amount of finnage. They are like they are carrying sail around with them.

Rose

MissMTS
Beautiful betta! I am waiting for new bettas to arrive tomorrow and I hope that they are half as pretty as Teddy Bear! His color is gorgeous!

COBettaCouple
Thanks Rose. He does like to swim around some and more than he did when we first got him, but he definitely is different from the others with how much he rests. When we got him, I thought it meant he had a defective swim bladder (LOL).

Yes actually that tank and its shallow depth is very good for him with those fins and the extra work he has to do just swimming with them. He is going to wear out and be tired faster than the girls. That was so thoughtful of you.

Male Bettas like Rosetails, Halfmoons, Deltas and NOW the Feathered fins expend a lot more energy going through moving water than the Crowntails, Combtails, and Females with the smaller amount of finnage. They are like they are carrying sail around with them.

Rose

COBettaCouple
The other day, Teddy Bear was enjoying Stacy talking to him and I managed to catch a few pictures of him in his seaweed toy. ;D

MissMTS
"HI Teddy Bear!" What a cutie. He sure looks like he loves that toy. It looks like he's playing peek-a-boo

MinxMermaid
awe, he's soooo CUTE!!!

HI Teddy Bear!!!

i'm glad to know someone else's bettas perk up when talked to. mine love it when I talk to them

shellbell4ever
That is soooo adorable
I love that seaweed plant!!!May I ask where you got it?

peacemaker92
That's cute! Your betta is nice!

Shawnie
"where in the world is teddy bear" !! LOL

hes so cute!

Lucy
Teddy Bear is seriously cute!

COBettaCouple
Thanks, he really does love attention.

The seaweed decor can be found at petco or online at thatfishplace - the trick is finding them in stock. But every Betta we have loves them and will play in them like Teddy Bear was doing. ;D

Darlene
Thanks for sharing. He is very cute. My middle son really wants his own fish and I think after we move maybe he can get a betta...as long as the youngest will leave the tank alone in their room.

COBettaCouple
They are great little pets and enjoy being talked to and watching activity. It's hard to tell sometimes if they even like food more, they're such attention sponges.

Martinismommy
Peek a Boo my handsome Teddy Bear! You are the CUTEST!!!!!!!!!!!

JasperII
Teddy is just so adorable peeking out of the seaweed. He looks very happy!

Blub
Aw, Teddy bear is so adorable in his seaweed! I wonder if they'd use Java moss in the same way?

COBettaCouple
Thanks. He's been extra loving of attention since KairI (they liked to flirt at each other) died and is a total lover. Bettas do like java moss and I think the seaweed appeals to them in the same way.

Blub
Thanks. He's been extra loving of attention since KairI (they liked to flirt at each other) died and is a total lover. Bettas do like java moss and I think the seaweed appeals to them in the same way.

What happened to Kairi? I never heard she passed! Was it that iridivious?

nmwierman1977
That is so cute Dave.

Allie
AAAWW!! JB would love that seaweed. Where did you get that

chickadee
He is a darling boy and he loves his tank and the attention that much is clear. I can also tell he is loving the snuggling. He likes to snuggle if I remember. I seem to remember him being the one who liked to snuggle in his hamster tubing. He will need some extra cooing over since he is missing Kairi. I miss her too. She was our little Lady Vampire Betta and we will all miss her.

Rose

Tazmiche
Dave when did she die?? I must have missed it or not been paying attention!!!

As always he is VERY cute, I love those pics. Send him a kiss from me. Sorry about your girly!!! Sad news!!

COBettaCouple
We lost KairI over a month ago to dropsy brought on by a tumor. The seaweed decor can be found (sometimes) at thatfishplace but is out of stock most of the time.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
COBettaCouple
Replies
Views
Tazmiche
Replies
Views
COBettaCouple
Top Bottom