tb how long?

mattbl

Reaction score
hI every one

could you tell me how long a fish with tb will live for ??? as in previous questions and answers its likely that two of my fish have this tb :'( they are in a second tank but been a couple of months now

thanks all
take care everyone :

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I think I have heard of one fish that had it for a matter of 6 weeks but I have never heard of one making it for much longer than that. If your fish have it and have survived that long you must be giving them extraordinary care. It is a very difficult and devastating experience to have to watch a living being that you care for go through the type of disease process like this. You have my deepest concern and if there is anything we can do to support you please do not hesitate to ask. This has to be a hard thing and from the way you write I can tell you care deeply for your fish.

Rose

david

Reaction score
hI mattbl .. are you sure its tb??what are the symptoms?have you tried any medicines?if they are skinny and don't seem to be eating properly it could be internal paracites..(skinny disease)..what type of fish do you have?I wouldnt just give up on them and wait for them to die.. ..you can at least try some medicines..I used sterizin made by waterlife when my clowns had the skinny disease and they are fine now..it can't harm them any to at least try some type of medication that is recomended for the symptoms of your fishies...

OP
M

mattbl

Reaction score
there are pic and description on another subject I posted call what is this? they are very lively and eating very well tried many meds not seeming to help eg melafix antI bacterial have a nice collection built up now they don't seem to be in any pain

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Melafix is a herbal antibacterial that is very mild. If you have something really serious like what you are describing I would recommend a medication on the order of Clout that would take care of any parasites you might possibly have. Most fish that have parasites will eat well and in fact act very hungry and not be in any serious pain, in fact it is very difficult to tell when a fish is in serious pain until they exhibit clamped fins and stay at the bottom of the tank.

It would be worth a try.

Rose

New Threads