Tattoos

JLeeM

Hello.

Just thought I'd ask who is a fan of tattoos, and if anyone would like to share how many they have or pictures.

I'll start things off. This is my favorite tattoo (also an old picture).

Gypsy13

Oh my yes! After momma died and my lupus started getting worse, I decided I was taking my favorite things with me. The gun, heavy equipment, skull/dagger no blood drops are hubby’s. Rest mine. Have more but limited to ten.

Oops hubby’s skull/dagger didn’t get posted. Hubby’s dagger and one other thing. I’ll have to get the other pics on here to share.

Well! My fave didn’t post! I drew the spider and bone dagger. And the lupus butterfly.

JLeeM

Wow! You have a bunch. I really like the butterfly you drew. I want another tattoo SOOO bad, but I can't decide what I want or where to put it.

Kyleena696

I drew that one myself and it was my 17th birthday present. It needs a touch up

Ra's al Ghul I want to get his eyes realistically coloured in but I haven't found anyone I'd trust to do it yet.
I have another geometric cat tattoo of Isis (my tortie) but it's on my chest/breast so I'm assuming I'd get in trouble for posting that one lol.

Gypsy13 said:
Oh my yes! After momma died and my lupus started getting worse, I decided I was taking my favorite things with me. The gun, heavy equipment, skull/dagger no blood drops are hubby’s. Rest mine. Have more but limited to ten.
OMG! I love your cat tattoos! Your Marvin is wicked too! My next tattoo is going to be a Garfield and Alf sleeve

MommaWilde

I love tattoos. You guys have great ones. I have 11-13 depending if I count certain ones as a set. Here’s a few I could easily get pics of atm.

I also have a big Pegasus on the lower 1/2 back and a big Slepnir (Odin’s horse) on the top 1/2 back, a cat with a bat, a frog prince, my sisters name and more of my dogs. I want to get some fish but still deciding which ones. I also want one from Firefly (the show). I have MT&TS (multiple tanks and tattoos syndrome)

Kyleena696

MommaWilde

I’ve never heard of it...what is it?

Kyleena696

It's a young adult book series about vampires lol. Your tattoo is the same as their sigil for the dark daughters that's why I asked.

MommaWilde

I was curious so I googled it. Looks like a fun show.
My wrist tattoos are a combo of my spiritual beliefs and me being ocd and needing them symmetrical and matching opposites.

Gypsy13

JLeeM said:
Wow! You have a bunch. I really like the butterfly you drew. I want another tattoo SOOO bad, but I can't decide what I want or where to put it.
I’ve started doing my own. Working on one abstract thingy. Then I want to try to do a cat somewhere. I have a cross on my sternum. Exquisitely painful. The roses on my right shin he was hitting me at 1700 spm. I was saying if bone marrow spews out, catch it! Lol

Kyleena696 said:
OMG! I love your cat tattoos! Your Marvin is wicked too! My next tattoo is going to be a Garfield and Alf sleeve
I’ve got a dragon/scroll/peacock sleeve left arm. My bone dagger with spider goes to my elbow. My left leg is butterflies everywhere. And on and on! Lol

Kyleena696 said:
I drew that one myself and it was my 17th birthday present. It needs a touch up

Ra's al Ghul I want to get his eyes realistically coloured in but I haven't found anyone I'd trust to do it yet.
I have another geometric cat tattoo of Isis (my tortie) but it's on my chest/breast so I'm assuming I'd get in trouble for posting that one lol.
I have some red day lilies I can’t post.

MommaLake said:
I love tattoos. You guys have great ones. I have 11-13 depending if I count certain ones as a set. Here’s a few I could easily get pics of atm.

I also have a big Pegasus on the lower 1/2 back and a big Slepnir (Odin’s horse) on the top 1/2 back, a cat with a bat, a frog prince, my sisters name and more of my dogs. I want to get some fish but still deciding which ones. I also want one from Firefly (the show). I have MT&TS (multiple tanks and tattoos syndrome)
Me too! 3x3x3

Fanatic

I don't have a single tattoo, mom would KILL me if I decided to later get one.
Limited to Press-ON tattoos

goldface

Surprisingly, no. I used to be into piercings, though. On the face. Quite a few.

Punkin

I have 2 tattoos. A horse on my left shoulder and a very small flower on my left hip. But I don't have any pictures, though! I'll have to get some.

Gypsy13

Punkin said:
I have 2 tattoos. A horse on my left shoulder and a very small flower on my left hip. But I don't have any pictures, though! I'll have to get some.
Yes please. Everyone loves pics!

Fanatic

scarface said:
Surprisingly, no. I used to be into piercings, though. On the face. Quite a few.
I have magnetic earrings

JLeeM

Fanatic said:
Trust me, my parents (one more so than the other) were not happy with my tattoos. I was old enough to make my own choices and pay for them though.

scarface said:
I was into piercings too. Never got as many as I wanted though. Sometimes still think about doing something with my ears, but I think I'm getting a little old for that. Sometimes when I'm feeling brave I try to put my lip rings back in.

CanadianFishFan

I want a majestic sassy betta fish tattoo.

JLeeM

CanadianFishFan said:
I want a majestic sassy betta fish tattoo.
One of my co workers has a tribal betta fish on his hand.

HORNET1

Tats on old people with saggy skin are gross, IMO.
To each his/her own, but as for me, I'll take a pass.

Something tells me the tat fad will pass and a lot of people are going to be very depressed when it does.

Fashooga

Would I get a tattoo? Unlikely. My body is like a Ferrari, why mess up a perfectly good looking thing?

Gypsy13

I’m getting ready to take the last walk so I wanted to take memories with me. Each one represents someone I love.

California L33

HORNET1 said:
If you're worried about saggy skin and tattoos get a Shar-PeI dog. When you're young it'll look like an old dog without any wrinkles. As you age it will become a wrinkled puppy .

bizaliz3

Just wait till all the young people with neck tattoos get old saggy necks! Those ones will be the worst! Especially the ones on the front of the neck. Look at an elderly person's neck and picture how a tattoo would look there!

I make sure to get my tattoos in places that shouldn't get too wrinkly or saggy. lol I choose to also put mine in places that can be easily hidden if I need to.

Tattoos are so addicting. I want another one so bad, but don't know what to get or where! I'd love to get one in honor of my fish hobby. Like an angelfish or a ram or something. I have seen some pretty awesome angelfish tattoos, but also some pretty awful ones. So I am apprehensive.

I'll get pics of my tattoos posted later if people are interested. They are:
My daughter's name with flowers on my ankle/foot. It was a cover up of a stupid gecko I got when I was 19. I don't even like reptiles that much!! haha. Then I had an even better artist cover up the cover up because the first cover up was so bad! haha
I also have a tramp stamp that I got before they were known as tramp stamps. lol
I have the Minnesota Twins logo the top of my foot. Not much bigger than a quarter.
And I have a dolphin on my other ankle that matches one my sister has. She got hers when she turned 18 and I got mine 8 years later when I turned 18.
Lastly, my tattoo of my dog on my thigh. I love that one! I hope it is many more years before I have to add her date of birth and date of death to the tattoo!! She is 9 right now.

HORNET1

Just out of curiosity...
How much does a tat cost on average?
I ask because we have homeless people begging for $$$ on most every major street corner down here in Florida and every single one I see is covered in tats.

Fashooga

bizaliz3 said:
Just wait till all the young people with neck tattoos get old saggy necks! Those ones will be the worst! Especially the ones on the front of the neck. Look at an elderly person's neck and picture how a tattoo would look there!

I make sure to get my tattoos in places that shouldn't get too wrinkly or saggy. lol I choose to also put mine in places that can be easily hidden if I need to.

Tattoos are so addicting. I want another one so bad, but don't know what to get or where! I'd love to get one in honor of my fish hobby. Like an angelfish or a ram or something. I have seen some pretty awesome angelfish tattoos, but also some pretty awful ones. So I am apprehensive.

I'll get pics of my tattoos posted later if people are interested. They are:
My daughter's name with flowers on my ankle/foot. It was a cover up of a stupid gecko I got when I was 19. I don't even like reptiles that much!! haha. Then I had an even better artist cover up the cover up because the first cover up was so bad! haha
I also have a tramp stamp that I got before they were known as tramp stamps. lol
I have the Minnesota Twins logo the top of my foot. Not much bigger than a quarter.
And I have a dolphin on my other ankle that matches one my sister has. She got hers when she turned 18 and I got mine 8 years later when I turned 18.
Lastly, my tattoo of my dog on my thigh. I love that one! I hope it is many more years before I have to add her date of birth and date of death to the tattoo!! She is 9 right now.
I remember when my parents had a restaurant and bar and we would have music going on. Thee was this girl that was good looking but she had a tattoo across her chest...I was like why would you do that? It totally limits what you can wear when your move on with life...

bizaliz3

Here's my cover up of a cover up. The upper right photo is the 1st cover up of the stupid gecko. I found a better artist to make it look even better a couple years later.

And my doggy!!!

stella1979

HORNET1 said:
Just out of curiosity...
I ask because we have homeless people begging for $$$ on most every major street corner down here in Florida and every single one I see is covered in tats.
Hmmm, I'm on both sides of the fence with this one. Circumstances change of course, and most homeless were not always so during their adult lives. That said, the addiction to the cigarette in that guy's hand is pricier than any tattoo. I can attest, because I am a quitter. Discounting the health costs, a pack a day can easily cost $50 a week.

I love tattoos as well but am a little weenie when it comes to feeling the tattoo being applied, lol. I have three... one of which may be considered similar to the OP. Wings on my back, or a crow to be precise. Some might call it a t-stamp, but I'd never heard that term when I got it.

Funny bizaliz3 , I have a frog on my ankle and am not incredibly fond of amphibians. Should've been a turtle.

Last one is at the tip-top of my back right on the spine, not quite on the back of the neck. It's a Smashing Pumpkins logo heart with the S & P replaced with an M and a J for myself and the hubs.

2 out of 3 are on my back, so not easily photographed right now, but I'll try to remember later when the fam will be around to help.

HORNET1 said:

Something tells me the tat fad will pass and a lot of people are going to be very depressed when it does.
Can't argue with the first point, but I'd have a hard time calling tats a fad.
History of tattooing - Wikipedia

Gypsy13

HORNET1 said:
Just out of curiosity...
Most of mine were free. My very fave artist has a sister with Lupus and he wouldn’t take money. He’s a young man into vinyl so we gave him most of ours from the seventies. An apprentice did quite a few of ours just for practice. The guys in the shop were so into stuff from the seventies we were able to trade our junk for tatts. And they are there mostly forever so maybe these guys got them in better times? (I trust most everybody).

Kyleena696

HORNET1 said:
Just out of curiosity...
There isn't an average cost for tattoos. My bf spent over $2000 on an upper arm tattoo and got robbed for it as it's total **** and needs to be 100% reworked. Recently he paid $600 for an awesome heart/tentacle piece that covers his forearm and just needs to get the usual touch-ups that everyone needs after getting a tattoo. I paid $300 for my geometric cats.

It's usually based off of hourly rates + a deposit. So if you sit well it's going to go faster and be cheaper, but if you're squirming lots and can't take it then it'll probably take much longer and therefore cost way more.

That being said tattoos seem to cost a lot more now than they did years ago, and those pictures look like pretty old/faded tattoos. There's also lots of artists that will give cheap tattoos in their garage or whatnot. Not very cleanly but it would be cheaper than going to a shop.

bizaliz3 said:
Here's my cover up of a cover up. The upper right photo is the 1st cover up of the stupid gecko. I found a better artist to make it look even better a couple years later.

And my doggy!!!
The reworking of your flowers looks awesome! Your dog is really well done too! I wanted my cats done realistically but they're so easy to butcher.
bizaliz3 said:
Have you actually seen any old people that are tattooed right up? They can freaking rock it! I remember a picture of a really, really old couple that are just covered in tattoos and they're so knarly looking!

bizaliz3

Kyleena696 said:
The reworking of your flowers looks awesome! Your dog is really well done too! I wanted my cats done realistically but they're so easy to butcher.

Have you actually seen any old people that are tattooed right up? They can freaking rock it! I remember a picture of a really, really old couple that are just covered in tattoos and they're so knarly looking!
Thank you I really do like my tattoo of my dog. But I would have liked it to be just a tad bit more realistic. It still has a bit of a cartoony look. I have seen some amazingly realistic animal tattoos where the artist even takes the time to tattoo every strand of fur.

I don't disagree with the old folks rocking the tattoos. I am just thinking about some neck tattoos I have seen and trying to picture them on the super saggy neck of a man in their 80s or 90s. One example, if you a happen to watch ink master...the guy who has a giant eye tattood right on the front of his neck and the tattooing goes all the way up the underneath of the chin. This is exactly where old folks get super super saggy skin when they get very old. You won't even be able to recognize it as an eyeball if he lives to be an elderly man. The side neck tattoos won't be as bad. But the front of the neck....those will be rough. lol
And don't get me wrong. I don't dislike neck tattoos....I just imagine how bad they will be on an elderly person.

HORNET1

Classy, real classy !!!

Fanatic

Fashooga said:
Would I get a tattoo? Unlikely. My body is like a Ferrari, why mess up a perfectly good looking thing?
HA! That is extremely true!

HORNET1

Oh, well...Why not ?!?!?

JLeeM

HORNET1 said:
Just out of curiosity...
Kyleena696 said:
There isn't an average cost for tatto
Agreed. There's no average or set prices. I paid $30 for my first, which was a poor life choice that I need covered up. My wings were $300.

JLeeM

Kyleena696 said:
Have you actually seen any old people that are tattooed right up? They can freaking rock it! I remember a picture of a really, really old couple that are just covered in tattoos and they're so knarly
Right?!?! I just view them as wearing part of their life story together on their skin. Frankly, I find that beautiful.

Kyleena696

HORNET1 said:
Classy, real classy !!!

And that's the difference between bad 'prison' tattoos and good quality ink! That lady is rocking it!

86 ssinit

Yes it addicting. No don’t do it if you care what others think! Like scars there memories you’ll never lose. Got my first on spring break in Florida. Got my last with my family in Belize. Nothing says family than getting tats in a third world country .
That’s my wife and sons ink. Just realized I don’t have pics of anything else. Have a gargoyle on my leg.
No regrets or regerts

Aureus

Oh man, I love tattoos! I've been wanting to get a spider tattoo on my back for at least 5 years, but I'm still mustering up the courage (and the money) to actually get it. Seeing all of these awesome tattoos is really inspiring

Gypsy13

Aureus said:
Oh man, I love tattoos! I've been wanting to get a spider tattoo on my back for at least 5 years, but I'm still mustering up the courage (and the money) to actually get it. Seeing all of these awesome tattoos is really inspiring
As long as you stay away from your flanks and neck, the pain won’t be bad at all. Go for it!

Aureus

Gypsy13 said:
As long as you stay away from your flanks and neck, the pain won’t be bad at all. Go for it!
I definitely will get it in the next few years, or at least once I find the perfect tattoo artist.

Gypsy13

Aureus said:
I definitely will get it in the next few years, or at least once I find the perfect tattoo artist.
I’ve had three artists. The rest were tattooists. The one that did my spider with bone dagger is truly gifted. Animals, portraits everything. Doesn’t need to use a printer to do portraits either. Uses photo and draws on skin. Find one that’s willing to do what you want and understands skin. They always have their work hanging around. Don’t just look at their books. Find one you like then check out their work on fb or ig.

Carrie1153

I love tattoos and I have 5 of them but DimitrI is my favorite. I also love gargoyles, lol.

RainBetta

Fanatic said:
Yeah, don't get tattoos when ur 16....

Fanatic

DioAquatics

I’m 23 and I just recently started getting tattoos in November but I’ve been wanting them since I turned 18. The 2 that I currently have, I got while going through some rough times and they mean a lot to me.

My first I got on November 19, 2017. This one is on my left outter forearm. It stands for “There is hope, should oceans rise, and mountains fall, he will never fail”.

My second I just got April 26th 2018. This one is on my left inner bicep. It’s Arabic for “I will find strength in pain”

My next tattoo I plan to get after summer ends. I want to get a half sleeve of roses on my right arm. I have a picture saved on my phone but it’s not my photo so I don’t know if I’m allowed to post (mods?). Hidden in the roses leaves, I want to get the initials of my grandfather, CV, who passed away 8 years ago. I would also like to get my first dogs initials, NV, who I had to put down 4 years ago due to liver and kidney cancer.

JLeeM

Fanatic said:
Yep, aha.
I would also suggest don't run out as soon as you turn 18 and get one. Take your time, and design or find something you like. I was 19 when I got my first, and regret it. I think there's a few other people on this thread talking about covering up their early tattoos. My wings, I got when I was 21, and they actually do have some meaning to me. It's strange how much perspective you can gain in just a couple years.

Fanatic

JLeeM said:
I would also suggest don't run out as soon as you turn 18 and get one. Take your time, and design or find something you like. I was 19 when I got my first, and regret it. I think there's a few other people on this thread talking about covering up their early tattoos. My wings, I got when I was 21, and they actually do have some meaning to me. It's strange how much perspective you can gain in just a couple years.
HA! I don't think I will ever get one
Mom says if I do, it has to say "I love Mom"

Gypsy13

Carrie1153 said:
I love tattoos and I have 5 of them but DimitrI is my favorite. I also love gargoyles, lol.
Sounds awesome. I love gargoyles too.

Fanatic said:
HA! I don't think I will ever get one
Mom says if I do, it has to say "I love Mom"
And what’s wrong with that? I’ve got one that says my mom was the heart of my heart.

JLeeM said:
I was already an old lady before I got my first. I’m taking my memories with me.

HORNET1

TATS THAT REALLY REALLY SUCK:

Sh899y

Winged sword is on my calf. The coloured one on my right arm you can see Chinese symbols on my stomach, there's 3 in total. Also got Oscar written just under my left pec and have Ianuarius XII written along my collarbone but not big.

Definitely would emphasise taking the time regarding tatoos. My first I had done to see if 'it hurt' - 3 stars on my back - but I was lucky that I could subsequently add too it. It's also ridiculously addictive so my second suggestion is when you have one wait at least 12 months before your next.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom