Tapeworm In New Betta?

Aubreew

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I bought this beautiful female online (I've had her for a week), when she arrived she was feisty and ready to go! I thought it was just because I got a healthy fish, but now I'm wondering if the behavior was caused by tapeworm? I noticed this white thing as soon as I took her out of the shipping box and put her in my quarantine setup.

She is 3 months old. She's still very active and eats, no lethargy. She is not able to see my male and never has, plus it looks long rather than round like an egg, to me anyway.

I've never seen tapeworm before so any advice is appreciated! If you think it is some kind of parasite, let me know what meds to use (never seen any so I've never bought meds for it).
Thanks! And sorry for the poor pics, she's frustrated because I haven't fed her today incase it is suggested that I fast her XD

Attachments

Demeter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
The white thing being the white dot on her belly between the plevic fins? That's her egg spot, the tube where eggs come out of. She looks good otherwise.

Aubreew

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
The white thing being the white dot on her belly between the plevic fins? That's her egg spot, the tube where eggs come out of. She looks good otherwise.
Ah, I looked it up, thanks! If you didn't already gather she's my first female lol
I'm glad she seems healthy!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom